• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who's it going to be?

So here's what I think... Harris comes in as new manager here. Brings his assistant, Livermore. Barrett stays as caretaker at Millwall until they get a new man, and then Barrett joins us here as coach. Bingo. That way Adam gets some experience, will no doubt bring Tilly in somewhere and is well placed to take over when the inevitable and ultimate replacement of Harris happens as his time runs out, either through failure or going on to better things. This is a 10 year plan from Ron. Long term thinking.

Or it could be Larsson. Or Campbell.

In short, **** knows.

So here's what I think... Harris comes in as new manager here. Brings his assistant, Livermore. Barrett stays as caretaker at Millwall until they get a new man, and then Barrett joins us here as coach. Bingo. That way Adam gets some experience, will no doubt bring Tilly in somewhere and is well placed to take over when the inevitable and ultimate replacement of Harris happens as his time runs out, either through failure or going on to better things. This is a 10 year plan from Ron. Long term thinking.

Or it could be Larsson. Or Campbell.

In short, **** knows.

fbm, I always enjoy your comments and observations. I guess we will know in the next 24 hours whether the resignation of Neil Harris and his assistant is simply a coincidence. I think Harris and Livermore definitely have another managerial position in mind, but whether it is Southend or Charlton or somewhere else remains to be seen. For what is worth, and l have much less knowledge than many of you here, I think Harris may see Southend as a better long term prospect than Millwall, and he has certainly demonstrated he knows how to take a team up to the Championship. I hope with names like Harris, Campbell, and Barrett in possible contention, the Chairman quietly shelves the strange idea of hiring someone Henrik Larrson who has a very average managerial track-record and none at all in Division 1.

Brexit has nothing on the fisaco of WHO is going to be the new Southend manager

Do we still not know? Maybe it’ll be a Larsson-Harris-Barrett-Waddock-Campbell dream team. First ever league team to have 5 managers, that’ll put Southend on the football map. Ron is a genius.

This is like a bad dose of diaorrhea.....messy, uncomfortable, often embarrassing and heaven when it is all over and sanitary returns. How much longer Ron?

Absolutely has to do everything he can to get in Harris with Barrett as assistant. Timing is almost too perfect to be possible.

Far from being perfect the timing is absolutely terrible.

The last thing we want is someone lurching from the frying pan into the fire. We need someone fresh and energised and can bring positivity and confidence so a manager who has just been forced out elsewhere after struggling is an awful idea.

Plus Harris was a forward. Surely what we need is someone who can organise a defence.

I fear this would have disaster written all over it.

Can we please drop this idea that managers are only good at coaching the position they used to play? Barret being a defender doesn't mean he'll be a defensive manager, or even a good defensive coach.
Wenger and Pochettino were defenders, their teams hardly play(ed) defensive football

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank was a striker, and a very, very good one. His teams play dire defensive football. Because he knows, as a striker, you keep a clean sheet and one goal wins it.

Surely yesterday, too late, or today would be an ideal time to announce the successful candidate in time for Saturday ??

Gary Waddock, unless the "chosen one", is like a dead man walking...sigh

Think Waddock will be in charge still tomorrow, hopefully new man by next Saturday.

Think Campbell is our best option at this point with the team he’ll bring in also. Barrett is occupied at Millwall and I can’t see Harris happening. Larsson is more of a risk and well we don’t know who this other candidate is..

Surely Ron knows who the next manager will be after 3 weeks of interviewing candidates for the job. I am really hoping for an announcement today.
I really hope this doesn't drag on for another week..

Almost as if Paddy Power is in charge of this appointment, getting Ron to throw a different name in each day so people put their money in and get it to drag on for so long.

We must be a bookies best friend at the moment.

Back