• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who's it going to be?

God this whole thing is getting boring. Just ****ing hire Barrett for **** sake

hahaa so with you Jimbo keep a calm head though mate dont want anymore negative energy crepping into the players performance Saturday we all need to be United as one!

Ron's obviously been busy recovering some CV's from the shredder and sticking them back together.

Agree it's now beyond ridiculous and that statement being put on the OS and pulled a few hours later speaks volumes.

Which statement was that? I must have missed that one.

Which statement was that? I must have missed that one.
In my brief statement on Monday I said that I would “hopefully this side of the weekend” be able to update you again.

They say that a week in politics is a long time and the same could certainly be said about football!

My ‘daytrip’ to Stockholm was successful insofar as I met Johan… I know supporters like to know who is potentially in the running for not only the management but also the manager's important backroom staff too.

Johan, should Henrik Larsson be appointed, would be a key member… but not the only potential member of that ‘backroom’.

There are two other potential managers in the frame to whom I am attracted but their identity need to be kept under wraps.

I am also meeting one more individual early tomorrow but then that’s it… no more interviews.

I have seen a great number of people over the last two to three weeks and equally shredded a great number of CV’s.

I plan to come to a decision over the weekend and then, subject to settling terms, I would hope that the club’s new manager will be in the hotseat (boiling in fact!) by next Saturday when we play Wimbledon.

When we do formally make that announcement over the coming days I plan to give supporters a bit more background as to the reasons behind some of the discussions held and my reasoning.

On another note, I met with the players prior to training this morning.

To, both, keep them in the loop and also share some thoughts about where we all are.

After all we are in this together, the players, me and the supporters… all I ever want is for everyone to be as one in support of our Club.

Together we can make a difference, divided is destructive… Let’s stay United.

We all recognise the talent and I thank you for maintaining your support of these players, they are good people.

Up the Blues!

I can understand Ron taking time to explore all applications. Let’s face it he has got it wrong twice in quick succession and he cannot afford another duff appointment.

Ron's obviously been busy recovering some CV's from the shredder and sticking them back together.

Agree it's now beyond ridiculous and that statement being put on the OS and pulled a few hours later speaks volumes.
If he wants to do that he better call Sol.

33 DAYS since Bond was sacked. Rome Burns while Martin sits and does nothing
This would be funny if I didn't support this club why is it taking Ron so long to make a decision.

just heard a rumour Barrett maybe not be getting the Millwall job they have someone lined up

just heard a rumour Barrett maybe not be getting the Millwall job they have someone lined up
I'm not sure that AB was ever favourite for the Millwall job full time but what last week's events have meant is that he is there at the moment and I am sure has far too much integrity to leave a club up the creek.

If we want him, we'll just have to be patient. The appointment now needs to be the right one rather than a quick one.

In fact, the story about other names now in the frame may well just be a bit of bluster to try and show that we aren't hanging around and also help keep the fans off RM's back.

Back