• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who's it going to be?

Probably worth having a few quid on it being Gary Waddock! Think it's 10 games as a caretaker is taken as being (semi) permanent by the bookies, and if there is any truth in ’The Swedish Consortium’, who would need to do far more due diligence before deciding if moving in for us is worth a go, or even if it is to be AB who can't come until replacement is appointed might take another couple of weeks! Think at 33/1 its worth a couple of quid as there is obviously a reason for this frustrating delay! GW to be asked to carry on as caretaker is not a daft shout.

Perhaps Neil Harris is now one of the new names in the frame despite initially being reported that he wasn't being considered ?

Latest on Skybet:

Sol Campbell 6/4
Adam Barrett 13/8
Henrik Larsson 3/1
Neil Harris 8/1
Gary Waddock 20/1
Kevin Nolan 20/1

Probably worth having a few quid on it being Gary Waddock! Think it's 10 games as a caretaker is taken as being (semi) permanent by the bookies, and if there is any truth in ’The Swedish Consortium’, who would need to do far more due diligence before deciding if moving in for us is worth a go, or even if it is to be AB who can't come until replacement is appointed might take another couple of weeks! Think at 33/1 its worth a couple of quid as there is obviously a reason for this frustrating delay! GW to be asked to carry on as caretaker is not a daft shout.

I think there's sense in this. If he installed Waddock until November -

1) It provides a bit of short term stability
2) It ends short term uncertainty
3) It gives RM a proper chance to interview bearing in mind that whatever he wanted to do can't happen for whatever reason, and
4) Waddock will be in charge for more than 10 matches so that I can collect on my £10 at 20/1 a couple of weeks ago...

just heard a rumour Barrett maybe not be getting the Millwall job they have someone lined up
At the weekend on Quest EFL Gary Rowett was very complimentary about Barrett. I reckon he (Rowett) is well in the frame for the Millwall job.

Rowett is in the frame has to be, believe he would keep Barrett too. I say that as he would be a link to the players for Rowett, most managers like that. Does Rowett usually take his own back room staff?

Last edited:
Rosetta is in the frame has to be, believe he would keep Barrett too. I say that as he would be a link to the players for Robert, most managers like that. Does Rowett usually take his own back room staff?

Would Barrett stay at millwall as a number 2 when he can come to the club he loves as the main man.

Would Barrett stay at millwall as a number 2 when he can come to the club he loves as the main man.
Maybe maybe not, but say he was assistant manager to Rowett, its a step higher than he is now and would gain further experience.

Not saying this will or wont happen, but either way its progression for him

Looks like it’ll be Waddock for Saturday with no appointment announced today.

He wants to be a manager in his own right....and Roots Hall is where he wants to begin that journey.
How do we know that?

Just asking as not seen him say that anywhere.

From those linked we have the choice of a manager who in his last job got a team relegated from the national football league, a manager with no managerial experience at all, one with no managerial experience in the UK, a manager who has managed one team and walked away for financial reasons (good fit for us?) and finally as manager who I just resigned for reasons unknown.

It is a Hobson’s choice in some ways from those 5, me I have no favourite, just want someone who can get the best out of the players for more than 3 months

Unlikely yes but I wouldn’t say highly unlikely. It would still be progression for him being a number 2 at a championship club

In fairness Barrett was already first-team coach at Millwall so number 2 isn’t that much of a step-up anyway. I’d be truly staggered if he rejected the top job at Southend for a number 2 role at the Den....

I think there's sense in this. If he installed Waddock until November -

1) It provides a bit of short term stability
2) It ends short term uncertainty
3) It gives RM a proper chance to interview bearing in mind that whatever he wanted to do can't happen for whatever reason, and
4) Waddock will be in charge for more than 10 matches so that I can collect on my £10 at 20/1 a couple of weeks ago...
points 1 and 2 are the same written in a different way.

Perhaps the same sort of thing as with Taylor Moore. People stalking and getting a little over excited about every social media post.

Would be a fantastic appointment if it were to happen, although Barrett would have been my first choice (perhaps for no other reason than who he is for Southend)

We just need to hope he can get these players on board enough to struggle through to January and then add enough for the second part of the season.

Back