• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who's it going to be?

Waddock has no chance, and is out of it. Tilson will be assistant Manager to Barrett at best. That leaves 3, plus anyone other big name that Ron said applied.

Waddock has no chance, and is out of it. Tilson will be assistant Manager to Barrett at best. That leaves 3, plus anyone other big name that Ron said applied.

If we appointed Waddock it would’ve been just a Bond mk.2. I’d have been really disappointed with that appointment.

If we appointed Waddock it would’ve been just a Bond mk.2. I’d have been really disappointed with that appointment.
I don’t think Waddock is anything like Bond, he’s shown far more passion, gets on with the players better and talks well in interviews. He also has a better record on points gained and in less games.

I’m not saying he’s the answer but it’s very unfair to label him Bond Mk2.

I don’t think Waddock is anything like Bond, he’s shown far more passion, gets on with the players better and talks well in interviews. He also has a better record on points gained and in less games.

I’m not saying he’s the answer but it’s very unfair to label him Bond Mk2.

I mean giving him the job off the back of one good result. Should’ve expanded on that really.

Tbh a choice of HL, AB/ST, SC/AC isn't bad for a club of our size and predicament
All options must surely have been around since pretty much the start so you assume can kicking is about to cease and the Sol option has been let out by way of preparation (otherwise why bother).

At the beginning I thought SC and from that list I would still go SC (but would be OK with HL or AB/ST)- so I guess entirely happy for Ron to extract his digit without further delay..

It won't be Waddock, the body language (v Brighton) suggested that he very much knows that too. I think Waddock fancies a youth set up role.
Larson, possible but unlikely unless he brings something major with him in the way of investor etc.
Adam, maybe, very possibly, would want a two year contract, relegation clause etc.
Tilly, less likely than AB but if he has interviewed well and has some good way forward (or midfield) then possible, may accept short term contract until end of season with transfer window options so he has chance. (at Lincoln he was royally shafted by Chris Sutton having blown budget to atoms).
Sol, another strong contender, especially if he has a backer and he knows how defending needs to be done as well as lower league stuff.
Ticks the MBE interview criteria as well.

No way shocking record

"Harris took over as boss in 2015 and during his time in charge oversaw two trips to Wembley, one promotion and two runs to the FA Cup Quarter-Finals, and has also steadily re-established Millwall as a Championship club."

Barrett put in temporary charge at Millwall. Rules him out then. Harris it is then

Southend fan by all accounts, comes across as a passionate, vocal coach who’ll demand a hell of a lot more out of this group of players. Has established Millwall as a championship club. I’d rather have him over both Henrik and Sol that’s for sure.

When Harris played for us I got the impression that Ron had a lot to do with his signing. Therefore if he rates the guy he could certainly be interested in appointing him as Manager.

Absolutely has to do everything he can to get in Harris with Barrett as assistant. Timing is almost too perfect to be possible.

Southend fan by all accounts, comes across as a passionate, vocal coach who’ll demand a hell of a lot more out of this group of players. Has established Millwall as a championship club. I’d rather have him over both Henrik and Sol that’s for sure.

Definitely a Blues fan. Bumped into him at the play off final.
He’s also a very nice bloke who would do his best here.
It’s a no win situation for any new manager with the current crop of s**** we pay as professional football players.
Might as well give it to the lollipop lady as they’d get as much out of this lot.

C

Couldn't agree more

You don’t think AB and Tilly said to Ron- what if we bring along Bomber for the ride

RM: he’s not available

Oh mange tous Ronnie, oh mange tous..

RM: Hmm- Tilly shut the door...Adam that cupboard over there at the bottom- I have a rather nice little Barolo..

Back