• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cy_sufc

Youth Team
Sorry to be the pessimist. But some, or someone must be leaving in January?

Already operating at the top of our wage budget, seemingly signing Michael Timlin for a FIVE FIGURE SUM, and 100% of his wages and possibly Christian Daily, numerous players to return from their loans including Matt Paterson and 100% of his wages again...

I wonder where the room in the budget is coming from, anyone know anything?

Sawyer-Not in Luggys plans at all.
Jemal Johnson-Sacked
Ferdinand-Possibly but the Scummers intrest has seemed to have gone.

I would go and this is pure guess work.

Patterson if we can find a taker
Sawyer if we can find a taker
Jemal will be sacked
Crawford would be got rid of if we could
Merrick James-Lewis would be got rid of if we could.
Ferdinand could for financial and not footballing reasons

At a guess...

If anyone will take:

Pato
JJ (Gone anyway I think)
Crawford
Nesbitt
Asante

If the right offer came in:

Harris
Grant or Kane

Last edited:
I was over the moon with Harris signing for us, but despite being one of his biggest fans, he just doesn't fit in to the way the team plays and is yards off the pace :unsure:

He is on a big contract (For us) and more worrying for me is that he is on a three year contract.

For me, Blair should go (rolling contract) along with the termination (pay off) of Crawford and Corr's contracts - if that free's up our 'allowed' budget

I was over the moon with Harris signing for us, but despite being one of his biggest fans, he just doesn't fit in to the way the team plays and is yards off the pace :unsure:

He is on a big contract (For us) and more worrying for me is that he is on a three year contract.

For me, Blair should go (rolling contract) along with the termination (pay off) of Crawford and Corr's contracts - if that free's up our 'allowed' budget

Yep. Agree with all of that. Although I think we will wait a little longer on Corr. If he looks like he is finished then yep, we should cut our losses. Would be a real shame.

Why?.......

I just hope that Millwall come back for Harris to take him on as a coach, I am sure that was in Neil's plans when he came here. Thats the only way that I can see this working out for him and us (financially).
Unfortunately the gamble we took just hasn't paid off, its a real shame as he seems to be a top top pro, but as Silencer said, he doesn't fit our style of play, its sad to see him having to run his nuts off chasing balls. Thats not his game.

Sawyer for me too - which is a shame because we're not overly blessed with creative midfield players

I'd imagine Grant and Ferdinand will be sold, for differing reasons and also Sawyer as well by looks of it. Patterson and Crawford need to be shipped out and i'd imagine some youngsters will stay out on loan ...

Back