• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who's our best player?

i would argue that mahers best quality is that he saves his best for those nasty tuesday night games in some ****hole where we need some leadership and grit... it's weird that some players seem to hate the long away matches but i would say maher definitely plays his best away from home!!!!!!

Its difficult to name just one as rolls are completly different but id like to mention Steve Collis has he has done an exceptional job and has made Flavsjob getting back in very difficult.

Adam Barrett is back to his best after a difficult season last year and has shown all season wheather its centre back or left back.

Alan McCormack what a player he is so crucial to the side and has made a difference since signing.

Big Leon has been immense you cant argue with 7 in 8 games can ya but its not only that its also the build up player aswell he is a big threat.

But theres only 1 winner for me and its our Tigerish Nicky Bailey what a player plucked from lowely Barnet for the bargain price £175,000 he made a slow start making sloppy passes etc but has settled down quickly and is proving his worthwith his box to box player wheather his clearing off the line to scoring a scorcher. for me his our new much better version of Benno and what a legend he was.

Last edited:
1)Bailey- a class above, only player that stuck out at barnet
2)Clarke L- goals and forward play have dragged the club up the table
3)Barrett (at LB)- solid, passionate and composed on the ball

i would argue that mahers best quality is that he saves his best for those nasty tuesday night games in some ****hole where we need some leadership and grit... it's weird that some players seem to hate the long away matches but i would say maher definitely plays his best away from home!!!!!!

I'd agree with this. In fact, I reckon this is the reason why he still seems to divide fans. I'd also add that this is pretty much the reason he is captain. Maher might be having a stinker but he's always keen to get the ball and get the team going. It's a form of bravery that doesn't involve throwing your body on the line and it's rarer than the other sort too.

Oddly enough, the only game I can think of where he did get completely shut down was Orient at home back in 2005 but then I've certainly not seen every game since then!

If we are talking about importantance and difference that a particular player has made this season, I am in agreement that we need not look much further than Nicky Bailey, however, I do feel that Steve Collis deserves a mention.

Back