• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why Al Gore is bad for the planet

Bentley's Absurd Gait

Did you know that the Live Earth concert to "save the planet" released more Co2 into the atmosphere than every 4x4 in America?

Or that estrogen from birth control and "morning after" pills is causing male fish across the world to develop female sex organs - and that environmentalists, who are overwhelmingly "pro-choice," have helped cover it up?

Or that the #1 killer in Africa today today isn't AIDS, but malaria -- thanks to environmentalists who banned the pesticide that used to have the disease under control?

Big Al didn't mention any of that in his movie did he? These truths were a little inconvenient to him, I would wager.

Al Gore is bad for the Planet because he is American

I'm half American. But I'm terrible for the planet so I can't argue. However, I think that's a very prejudiced remark which I find quite objectionable.

Oh stop being a big

jam-tart-su-682593-l.jpg

Or that the #1 killer in Africa today today isn't AIDS, but malaria -- thanks to environmentalists who banned the pesticide that used to have the disease under control?

Non Lefty post: Malaria isn't a trendy disease that's Elton John or Madonna's can attach their name to, because their gay friends aren't dying from it.

Well actually you see......

Aids is the fastest rising and killer of people in Africa at the moment.
Malria , or the current strain (for Virus it is and mutates) was actually made worse by the introduction of certain drugs to treat it , because the traditionally , people caught it some died (most actually didnt ) immunie systems for new generations were more resistant to it.

Its also spread by mossies so the fertilizers wont have had a great deal of affect (its more virulent near swamps and stagnant water)

Originally Posted by Bentley's Absurd Gait
Or that estrogen from birth control and "morning after" pills is causing male fish across the world to develop female sex organs - and that environmentalists, who are overwhelmingly "pro-choice," have helped cover it up?

Ah you see not true as this started happing about 4 years back and has been widely reported before (its just incomparission to entire ecosystems collapsing a few hermaphrodite fish and amphibians (for they were affect ed as well) http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3882159.stm

However some species also do this as a reaction to social and enviromental reactions
http://www.sciencenews.org/pages/sn_edpik/ls_4.htm .

So really its not as bad as it could be (as long as it dosnt happen in higher mammals (i couldnt afford the shoe bill ;) )

Back