• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why all the talk of us getting relegated?

Will we stay up?

• YES - Upton Park here we come!!

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • No - it's over

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • YES- if we beat Plymouth

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No- even if we beat Plymouth

Votes: 17 32.1%

• Total voters

conehead12

Youth Team
I admit that it is not looking good but we are still only one win away from getting out of the relegation zone (I do know that our g.d is ****e but hopefully it won't hinder us). If we can beat plymouth, then I am 95% sure that we can get out of this as the lads will perform against Luton and getting any result against them will give us confidence in going to S'hampton for the last game of the season. I thought we were going down after losing 4-0 to Hull but then we beat Preston, and now after we have lost to Barnsley, maybe we'll beat Plymouth and people will start to believe that we can stay up again.

I admit that it is not looking good but we are still only one win away from getting out of the relegation zone (I do know that our g.d is ****e but hopefully it won't hinder us). If we can beat plymouth, then I am 95% sure that we can get out of this as the lads will perform against Luton and getting any result against them will give us confidence in going to S'hampton for the last game of the season. I thought we were going down after losing 4-0 to Hull but then we beat Preston, and now after we have lost to Barnsley, maybe we'll beat Plymouth and people will start to believe that we can stay up again.

Well done fellow South lower friend..... Keep the faith...You coming Plymouth then ???

We are doomed, abandon all hope and head for them hills!

Seriously, Ive given up, but hey its not over till its over.

For the 2nd time this season I've now accepted relegation, to be honest I'm looking forward already to next year cos if we can get a couple of decent strikers in I think we'll do really well - I certainly don't see a mass exodus if any at all bar Freddy (and maybe Hammell).

Depends on plymouth and other results, if it went back to how it was before the barnsley game with about 3 points separating 4 clubs then i will have faith. but if not its the drop i'm afraid.

I thought we were going down after losing 4-0 to Hull but then we beat Preston, and now after we have lost to Barnsley, maybe we'll beat Plymouth and people will start to believe that we can stay up again.[/QUOTE]

Only we'll have 2 less games to play. As I said in a previous thread, don't do it to yourself.

Surely its not only our results that count but the teams around us. If we win Saturday and the teams around us lose it's effectively a big six point jump. It's still all to play for.

Surely its not only our results that count but the teams around us. If we win Saturday and the teams around us lose it's effectively a big six point jump. It's still all to play for.

Unfortunately it only takes one team out of Leeds and Hull to get 4 points to force us to win all 3 games.

I think we have used our share of luck this season to expect both of them to do no better than 3 points each.

We will see, footballs a funny old game, although I havent done much laughing the last few games!

I think it's too much for us to stay up now. Barnsley as good as sealed the deal for us, it's just a matter of when.

But as people say, the fat lady may be warming up but she ain't singing yet.

No way are we good enough to stay up, we have proven that already.
Let's get to a league where we can compete!!!!

One game at a time. At the moment we are only as bad as our last game, hopefully the players have enough pride and battle and heart left, to go to Home Park and turn in a performance we know they are capable of.
I am going to Plymouth, thinking of that game only, that is what the players need to do, one game and 3 points at a time, I will not accept Leyton Orient away, untill we are mathamatically down. Like at Swansea I refused to celebrate UNTILL the Brentford score had been confirmed, Football is a cruel sport , but hopefully we can look for to the nice side of it this Saturday.

People do the lottery to win, however the odds of that is 14 million to one, a football match is 50/50 , I continue to believe untill I can believe no more.

Regardless, my season ticket will be renewed and the players can continue to count on my support.

I have negative things on my mind, but will not air them until the season is over, untill such time anyone in the Blue strip has my 100% committed support.

I can see using beating Plymouth.. Hull n Leeds sliping up. then getting dicked 3 nil by Luton!

No because option 4 says that even if we BEAT plymouth we are still going down - its for the people who think that we mite beat plymouth and get stuffed by luton at home

Sorry but that makes no sense, they are EXACTLY the same lol.

Even if we were to beat Plymouth but lose to Luton it doesn't matter, it all comes under option 2....

Back