• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Bentley situation was handled badly IMO but there was a lot of uncertainty around Payne at the beginning of the season and it's not like we haven't been trying to sign him on a longer contract since he became a regular. Him and his agent hold the power, I think he will sign another contract but on terms that suit him, wouldn't be surprised if he signs a 1 year extension with a big pay rise and a view to a big move next summer.

Jack has witnessed the Bentley saga,I reckon if he signs any new deal there will be trigger clauses inserted,any club offering xyz and Ron must let his agent talk to that club.

This season Jack has been dropped ,benched and omitted from the squad !

If the gaffer doesn't want to play him in every game,then there is a problem which only Jack can decide if he wants to resign here for Phil.

Its the wages, or lack of, that will decide his future. Jack is smart enough to realise he has been handled very well so far. Where as other managers, such as Graham Westley, would coach Jack to dive and win free kicks. PB has allowed him to stay on his feet and do what he does best. A fact that even mrsblue will agree with.:winking:

Its the wages, or lack of, that will decide his future. Jack is smart enough to realise he has been handled very well so far. Where as other managers, such as Graham Westley, would coach Jack to dive and win free kicks. PB has allowed him to stay on his feet and do what he does best. A fact that even mrsblue will agree with.:winking:

Good old PB.

I've already forgotten that Jack was the last player in the squad to be played in the first team earlier in the season.

Brilliant handling.

Good old PB.

I've already forgotten that Jack was the last player in the squad to be played in the first team earlier in the season.

Brilliant handling.

So who was that little fella with a number 10 on his back I saw running around against Walsall in the first home league game.

I believe Jack's progress is indeed significantly down to PB and the coaches- he has been in and out a bit but he has worked incredibly hard on the parts of the game where he has needed to and got where he is now- would he have done if he had been selected every week regardless- no..

Of course giving credit where its due does not come easy but in my view Jack has been managed thus far very well.

While we, well them, (the club) are looking at contracts can't they sort out some catering contractors. I read the tea in the South Stand isn't up to much.

So who was that little fella with a number 10 on his back I saw running around against Walsall in the first home league game.

So who was the outfield player who waited longer for his chance?

Good old PB.

Brilliant handling.

Yep,

Who can ever forget the handling of Williams too!

Jack has watched from the sidelines as the likes of Shaq and Woodrow had game after game after game after game,whilst he has been messed about,in the team,out of the team,benched...yeah you are correct,well handled indeed.

Apparently Jack is a doubt today so may not make the trip...........................or is he locked away somewhere signing a contract...?

There are some superb posts on this thread , the most common one being that PB has mishandled Jack Payne and yet bizarrely these same people are also concerned that Payne may join PB at Bolton ( on other threads ). If this is indeed the feeling then I would presume that Payne in no way feels mishandled by PB ! Excellent work from the hindsight experts on this forum !! If people took the blinkers off , looked around at other historic handlings of younger players ( home grown ) , it Gerrard over a season to start getting starts at Liverpool and yet it was widely recognised that he was way better than most of his colleagues. However all younger players need handling and nurturing in different ways and yet again PB is tarnished with a brush by so called football experts that sit on keyboards and can never be wrong ! Payne has improved beyond all recognition , his is stronger now that he was and smarter on the ball. He still runs into blind alleys , but not as much as he used to. He also used to get knocked off the ball very easy, which easily could have caused him injury. I would say that sometimes bringing the better youngsters on slower is better for the longevity of their own career , rather than burn them out. But hey, what do I know , I'm only a fan with a key board myself !!

There are some superb posts on this thread , the most common one being that PB has mishandled Jack Payne and yet bizarrely these same people are also concerned that Payne may join PB at Bolton ( on other threads ). If this is indeed the feeling then I would presume that Payne in no way feels mishandled by PB ! Excellent work from the hindsight experts on this forum !! If people took the blinkers off , looked around at other historic handlings of younger players ( home grown ) , it Gerrard over a season to start getting starts at Liverpool and yet it was widely recognised that he was way better than most of his colleagues. However all younger players need handling and nurturing in different ways and yet again PB is tarnished with a brush by so called football experts that sit on keyboards and can never be wrong ! Payne has improved beyond all recognition , his is stronger now that he was and smarter on the ball. He still runs into blind alleys , but not as much as he used to. He also used to get knocked off the ball very easy, which easily could have caused him injury. I would say that sometimes bringing the better youngsters on slower is better for the longevity of their own career , rather than burn them out. But hey, what do I know , I'm only a fan with a key board myself !!

Hi Phil :smile:

Jack has watched from the sidelines as the likes of Shaq and Woodrow had game after game after game after game,whilst he has been messed about,in the team,out of the team,benched...yeah you are correct,well handled indeed.

Hang on a minute. Are you claiming that as he's good now, he's always been good?
What the hell wasn't van Gaal playing Rashford last season? Why wasn't Vardy in the England team a year ago?
Just because a player has a breakthrough season doesn't mean he should have been playing more the season before.
I recognise we all have an opinion and hesitate to criticise a fellow fan, but the sheer idiocy of some of your comments never fails to surprise me. I wonder what Rene in 'allo 'allo would have said?

Hang on a minute. Are you claiming that as he's good now, he's always been good?
What the hell wasn't van Gaal playing Rashford last season? Why wasn't Vardy in the England team a year ago?
Just because a player has a breakthrough season doesn't mean he should have been playing more the season before.
I recognise we all have an opinion and hesitate to criticise a fellow fan, but the sheer idiocy of some of your comments never fails to surprise me. I wonder what Rene in 'allo 'allo would have said?

Haha exquisite !

The young loan guys came here without any experience,indeed Woodrow had not even played at any reasonable level as such,My point is Phil happily gave these inexperienced guys game after game whilst giving our own contracted players little opportunity.

Do you copy ?

Back