• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why bother francis?

graysblue

Banned
from what i've seen of the guy in past seasons compared to this season, is there any point of him even turning up to games at the weekend? theres no passion, no commitment and no concentration. Does anyone know any reason why this sudden drop in form has occured? He has gone from a solid, consistent first team regular to nothing.
He is constantly out of position, wants to beat people in his own third. his running of the line is poor, can't cross a ball he won't watch the game let alone mark players. TBH his body language and attitude shows he doesn't want to be here. i was a big fan of his until this season. hopefully franno finds form soon, but otherwise he's surely got to go.

Its the age old story. No competition for places in defence so Barrett/Clarke/Francis know that they're first on the team sheet despite how rank there performances.

On his day he is fantastic but his day has not been seen all this season.

Would still persist with him but in his cirrect position. My main critism of the defeat yesterday was not his performance which we cant hide was dreadful but the fact we have no other left back cover to speak of.

true, but i'd rather see tilly play one of the youth team in that position. as crazy as it sounds i'd rather watch someone who will put 110% in, instead of someone who barely puts 30%. f*** it, instead of winning a signed match ball in the poxy raffle, the right back slot should be the winning prize. at least you would get commitment

If Herd for example had played yesterday and we had lost heavily you could have destroyed his confidence for good. He needs to be nutured into a side not just thrown in.

It was the right defence to srart with in my book but just not the right result

I've never believed that Francis lacks passion or commitment, though his style of play often makes it look that way. In many ways, he's the Charlie Mulgrew that didn't bugger off to Scotland. Because of his relaxed style of play, when things come off, he looks to be a class above, but when he makes a mistake or his concentration wavers, he looks like an amateur.

For me it's down to confidence. He's clearly going through a rough patch at the moment. But since we don't have cover, the only thing we can do is get behind him and help him play his way back to form.

agree, that his confidence is low at the moment. but, he def. has the potential and mayb play sankofa there for a few games, give him a break. that can often work. he hasnt become a bad player over nite and yes he has not had the best start to the season but i think he will come good again. more of a concern is the two centre back positions. they have both been woeful at times this year......3 headed goals yesterday sums it up.

If Herd for example had played yesterday and we had lost heavily you could have destroyed his confidence for good. He needs to be nutured into a side not just thrown in.

I too would like to see Johnny Herd start to get some first team experience under his belt. But when it comes to easing him into games, the problem with us is I can't remember too many times when we've actually won a game and killed it off, to emnable that to happen lol.

Usually we are two up, at best, sit back the opposition get a goal somewhere between the 75th and 85th minute and it's Davie Crockett and Jim Bowie defending The Alamo!! So we're not the easiest team to say to a promising youngster: -

"On you go son, do you stuff, play percentages and get used to playing in front of a 4 figure number of fans and enjoy yourself!" And build up some competitive minutes at the end of games.

Compared to say Peterborough for example, and any other such club you can look at that tend to win by two goal margins, or more, on a far more frequent basis. But with Harding only on loan, and come January could be gone, we could be left once again with a new player bedding into the team, getting to know our style and adapting for a few games, when we could have someone already in the squad to make that process easier and keep a bit of continuity in the team.

hopefully franno will read this or maybe someone will tell him about it, we are all behind you and want you to find form again. but performances of late have been worse than dire. come on franno sort it out son. we all want you to do well.

It was the right defence to srart with in my book but just not the right result

I'm staggered Herd wasn't on the bench instead of O'Keefe yesterday, particularly as the latter is not keen on staying at the club and the management know it.......

Herd has always been talked about as a fantastic prospect but I'm slightly surprised we haven't loaned him out, as clearly the management aren't massively keen on including him in first team affairs yet.

I'm staggered Herd wasn't on the bench instead of O'Keefe yesterday, particularly as the latter is not keen on staying at the club and the management know it.......

Can't you just say what's happened? Rather than the hinting.

tbh i would drop francis and leave sankofa at right back for tuesday, bring harding back in at left back. Might give francis the needed kick up the jacksy!!! He knows his position is safe, so why doesn't tilly leave him out to show him its not. He has been woeful recently plain and simple!

tbh i would drop francis and leave sankofa at right back for tuesday, bring harding back in at left back.

Have a horrible feeling Tilly will put Harding and the other returnese on the bench and give the others a chance to right their wrongs which will only add more presure to them. Then when we're loosing 2.0 with 20 mins to go he'l bring them on to break them back in gentely.....or perhaps it was just a bad recurring dream!

I think Francis is a player who is a lot like Gower in terms of performances, When he's good he's fantastic When he's bad he's awful.

I thought he looked more comfortable at Left Back

Francis has been poor all season imo. The big difference between players such as him and players such as Clarkey and Barrett is that the former require someone pushing them for their starting place in order to not become lazy and careless whereas the latter will alway give 100% whether there is competition or not.

Francis has been poor all season imo. The big difference between players such as him and players such as Clarkey and Barrett is that the former require someone pushing them for their starting place in order to not become lazy and careless whereas the latter will alway give 100% whether there is competition or not.

I dont agree with that, I think its all about confidence.

I dont think he is "lazy" at all, he looks just as laid back when playing well but when he isnt people jump on his body language as a reason for his dip in form.

Back