• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My Pre Match Threads...Yes Or No?

• Carry On

Votes: 78 89.7%
  • Stop!

Votes: 9 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Lomas

Manager
This may result in some "abuse" and of course, its possible this will be moved, which is understandable. I just wasn't sure of the best place to post this question...but just a quick question regarding Pre-match threads...

Do i carry on with them or not?

I thought i would start doing them again but it seems i'm getting the same old reactions...

Who actually likes them?

Post what you like. It's a fans forum and people can choose to read or not read

And your poll reminded me of the good old days of Radio one

[video=youtube;keAlM4GQfZk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keAlM4GQfZk[/video]

Agent Lomas,
I read your posts, like the background stuff etc.
There are knobs of all sorts to be found in most areas of life & the best advice I can give you is to mentally note them as being sad knobs and dismiss them as such.
UTB!:thumbsup:

The answer to your question will come in the number of views (and, to a lesser extent, replies) they get. People on this forum will flock to interesting content and will ignore stuff that is of less value.

Possibly the best example of regular content on here is Mick's "Ref Watch". Posted before every game, no fanfare, loads of good information with some well argued opinions thrown in. It's still going because Mick writes interesting and informative content and also because Mick doesn't post other threads asking if people enjoy Ref Watch.

My advice - keep going until the end of the season then see where you are.

Its worth carrying on with if you feel it is. Enjoy the forum and don't worry about the negative posts. We all get a share of those and we have all written negatives so it is not personal to you. You write it and I will read it :thumbsup:

Carry on if you enjoy doing them, but don't expect everyone on here to be supportive. Some people on here just like to knock you down no matter what, and can't wait to moan and groan about the team at the earliest opportunity to do so.

Agent, your efforts are NOT inciting abuse towards others and they are actually very informative. maybe a little thicker skin is required but other than that carry on with your work matey. it makes for a good preview and increases the discussion in the pre-match threads which can only be a pleasant bonus.

With the poll, IMO, those that have been winding you up will vote negative and more will either vote positive and offer some encouragement. Most zoners will read and skip comment.

Stick with it my friend. You'll always get a bit of cynicism from people who couldn't do any better themselves. But you're making an effort to do something regularly when most people couldn't be arsed, and should be applauded for this.

This may result in some "abuse" and of course, its possible this will be moved, which is understandable. I just wasn't sure of the best place to post this question...but just a quick question regarding Pre-match threads...

Do i carry on with them or not?

I thought i would start doing them again but it seems i'm getting the same old reactions...

Who actually likes them?

You're asking the wrong question to the wrong people.

The question you should be asking yourself is simply: Do you enjoy writing them? If so, then why would you stop?

ps. I'm not sure posters saying you've posted your pre-match thread too early in the week really qualifies as abuse though. So would also echo the other posters sentiments around manning up if you do continue, criticism is an every day part of life and good tool for self improvement.

You're asking the wrong question to the wrong people.

The question you should be asking yourself is simply: Do you enjoy writing them? If so, then why would you stop?

ps. I'm not sure posters saying you've posted your pre-match thread too early in the week really qualifies as abuse though. So would also echo the other posters sentiments around manning up if you do continue, criticism is an every day part of life and good tool for self improvement.

Agree with the above and OBL's post. You can never please everyone and attempting to do so is pointless and futile.

If you like doing them which im sure you do then continue to do so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back