• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend_Lady

Ginger Sam
I dont understand some of our fans, it seems that unless we are hammering teams 5-0 every week, they sit and wallow in depression and moan about everything from Ron Martin to the length of the grass at Roots Hall.

Last night, we showed that we can accept defeat gracefully. We werent ready to be a Championship team and that showed yesterday. We did extremely well this season to acheive what we did. With the limited resources we do have compared to the other top 6 teams, a play off position was a good achievement.

If we had spent millions and been thrashed 5-1 - then I could see reason for complaints. Donny simply outplayed us right down the the final whistle. Credit where credits due, we were beaten by the better team and agree with Tilly that they are the best side in L1 this season.

Last night was an oppurtunity to say well done to Donny, brilliant result for them and go on and beat Weeds at Wembley. But more importantly to credit the fans. Everyone was truely amazing and to create and atmosphere like that after having seen 5 goals go past the sticks is quite frankly amazing. It shows that our supporters are developing with our club. Some will say that the players didnt deserve to get that support and maybe that's true for some of them but the majority battled until the final whistle.

This season I think its fair to say we slightly overachieved. Next season we can build on this. We now have a good squad to start from. Dont get me wrong we need some new additions to it but we have a great foundation to build on.

Despite the result last night we have had a good end to the season. Unbeaten in what? 13 or 14 was it. No reason for complaints there. Onwards and upwards next season, we have Col U and Orient to entertain! No complaints please.

Last edited:
I dont understand some of our fans, it seems that unless we are hammering teams 5-0 every week, they sit and wallow in depression and moan about everything from Ron Martin to the length of the grass at Roots Hall.

Last night, we showed that we can accept defeat gracefully. We werent ready to be a Championship team and that showed yesterday. We did extremely well this season to acheive what we did. With the limited resources we do have compared to the other top 6 teams, a play off position was a good achievement.

If we had spent millions and been thrashed 5-1 - then I could see reason for complaints. Donny simply outplayed us right down the the final whistle. Credit where credits due, we were beaten by the better team and agree with Tilly that they are the best side in L1 this season.

Last night was an oppurtunity to say well done to Donny, brilliant result for them and go on and beat Weeds at Wembley. But more importantly to credit the fans. Everyone was truely amazing and to create and atmosphere like that after having seen 5 goals go past the sticks is quite frankly amazing. It shows that our supporters are developing with our club. Some will say that the players didnt deserve to get that support and maybe that's true for some of them didnt but they battled until the final whistle.

This season I think its fair to say we slightly overachieved. Next season we can build on this. We now have a good squad to start from. Dont get me wrong we need some new additions to it but we have a great foundation to build on.

Despite the result last night we have had a good end to the season. Unbeaten in what? 13 or 14 was it. No reason for complaints there. Onwards and upwards next season, we have Col U and Orient to entertain! No complaints please.

Steak meal?

I wasn't there yesterday, but I watched it on sky, the atmosphere looked amazing you could only here you guys singing. It reminded me of Southampton

It was like Southampton Mark II

It was better than Southampton... last year we had already gone through the pain of knowing we were relegated.

Last night was an INSTANT response to the nightmare we were suffering!

Your fans were simply the best last night, I loved watching the conga and heard you singing to the very end, you lost the game but won many friends in SY and beyond, Well done, all the best next season.

Your fans were simply the best last night, I loved watching the conga and heard you singing to the very end, you lost the game but won many friends in SY and beyond, Well done, all the best next season.

Thanks Les, even the cretinous commentary team on Sky could not ignore the noise our lot were making.

Thanks Les, even the cretinous commentary team on Sky could not ignore the noise our lot were making.

And actually gave them quite a lot of coverage, as has been said lesewhere, wouldn't it be great if that could be picked up by the mass networks in comparison to the hooligan element given such exposure earlier in the week as a demonstration of what true support is?

And actually gave them quite a lot of coverage, as has been said lesewhere, wouldn't it be great if that could be picked up by the mass networks in comparison to the hooligan element given such exposure earlier in the week as a demonstration of what true support is?

That won't happen Kay, as the press will normally only want to seek out negatives and not positives.

I think both sets of fans showed that a game can be played with passion and still their be respect between both sets of fans, I didn't go onto the pitch at the end but it was good to see the Rovers fans applauding your fans as it was fully deserved. There is no need for violence at matches, hope next weeks final passes of peacefully.

I think both sets of fans showed that a game can be played with passion and still their be respect between both sets of fans, I didn't go onto the pitch at the end but it was good to see the Rovers fans applauding your fans as it was fully deserved. There is no need for violence at matches, hope next weeks final passes of peacefully.

Yes spot on post. There was no fighting and I barely saw a cross word between either sets of fans. Bit of banter at the most. You were the better team and our fans made up for the naff scoreline!

Spot on. We got found out a bit last night. Good stuff Sammy.

Back