• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why did people boo Constantine?

Csboy

Manager
Very disappointed that a few people booed him today. He was the one decent player we had when we were a very poor team. Okay he left because he got a better deal but wouldn't we all leave our jobs if we got offered a better paid job elsewhere?
Also if Constantine had of stayed then maybe Southend wouldn't have gone after Eastwood so maybe Constantine did us a huge favour by going to Peterborough.
Guttridge on the other hand deserved all the boo's he got today. Guy is a complete tosser.

Last edited:
I didn't agree with the booing to Constantine or Guttridge today, I've said before how I was a big fan of them both when they were here.

No need to boo them.

I booed both...

Constantine was reputed to be touting himself around to other clubs at Xmas despite saying in the press that we wanted to sign at Southend and Gutteridge behaved live a spoilt child when Tilson dropped him before giving it the large only to go via Orient and Col U to the dizzy heights of Northampton.

Dont usually agree with booing ex players but both these two in my book whilst doing a good job for the club at the time left under a sour note.

I was going to make something similar to this as well. It really baffled me why they boo-ed Constantine. He scored 21 in 43 whilst at us and to me that signals a good player. Okay, he might be plying his trade elsewhere by why not recognize his achievements at our club and actually make it a welcoming one rather than boo-ing every ex Shrimper. What next? Booing Eastwood?

Not sure why people did boo him, i would loved to have him back here on a freebie, missed out again on a good striker, but still at least we have Walker:O

I booed both...

Constantine was reputed to be touting himself around to other clubs at Xmas despite saying in the press that we wanted to sign at Southend and Gutteridge behaved live a spoilt child when Tilson dropped him before giving it the large only to go via Orient and Col U to the dizzy heights of Northampton.

Dont usually agree with booing ex players but both these two in my book whilst doing a good job for the club at the time left under a sour note.
I would have booed both if I was there for the very same reasons too...

Who cares?

Putting players off their game should be the aim of everyone,instead i had to listen to 3 ********s near me very vocally slating Tilson for every misplaced pass,offside,substitution and gawd knows whatever else.I know what i'd rather hear.
If Conny played crap because he took a bit of stick then good,as for Gutteridge...

Who cares?

Putting players off their game should be the aim of everyone,instead i had to listen to 3 ********s near me very vocally slating Tilson for every misplaced pass,offside,substitution and gawd knows whatever else.I know what i'd rather hear.
If Conny played crap because he took a bit of stick then good,as for Gutteridge...

Christ, I suffered people like that today too. The back few rows of the East Reds always has old gits moaning, but today women felt the need to do it too. It was unbearable.

I also find it stupid that people slag off the manager for individual errors by players.

Christ, I suffered people like that today too. The back few rows of the East Reds always has old gits moaning, but today women felt the need to do it too. It was unbearable.

I also find it stupid that people slag off the manager for individual errors by players.

Back of East Reds,.....spot on!!!

(Not the actual back row though mate! )

Back of East Reds,.....spot on!!!

(Not the actual back row though mate! )

That's the place. It's driving me mad.

The tip of the iceberg today was when their bloke dived for a penalty at the end. Some tit shouted out "you're lucky Tilson". If we **** up, it's his fault, and if we don't he's lucky.

Don't know why these people go, if it annoys them so much.

Sorry, you couldn't have had it as bad as the guy next to me. This pillock was sitting in TBV saying "Why are you wasting your voice for a team that never wins?", "F*ck off, Freedman - Give it to Walker you selfish bastar8" not helped by the fact he then "accidently" nudged my coca-cola bottle down the stairs in the stand.

I booed both...

That simply isn't true. I used to be very friendly with Rawle's agent, and I can tell you that he only started to get involved in the summer when we offered him less than we offered other players (Bramble being one) even though he had scored 20 goals and saved us from relegation.

Now you know the truth I take it you won't boo him again?

Didn't boo either, in fact when Gutteridge came out in the warm up and over to the west, there was a little smattering of applause and he looked up in surprise. On the subject of supporters moaning, why did I hear a chorus of "We're sh** and we know we are" from the end of the west? Truly shocked.

Yep I'd go along with that. They both got booed, Guttridge more heavily, because they both left under dark clouds.

Interestingly though a little pocket of about 5 behind me in the Greens loudly applauded Guttridge when he came on......

Very disappointed that a few people booed him today. He was the one decent player we had when we were a very poor team. Okay he left because he got a better deal but wouldn't we all leave our jobs if we got offered a better paid job elsewhere?
Also if Constantine had of stayed then maybe Southend wouldn't have gone after Eastwood so maybe Constantine did us a huge favour by going to Peterborough.
Guttridge on the other hand deserved all the boo's he got today. Guy is a complete tosser.

Constantines goals saved us from almost certain relegation to the Conference, but he is a footballing mercenary and journeyman.

No loyalty to any team he plays for, plays for himself only.

Supporters are on the whole not best pleased with money grabbing baskets who are not interested in the team they play for on any particular, Saturday.

In a nutshell, he is not a clubman, in any sense of the word.

That simply isn't true. I used to be very friendly with Rawle's agent, and I can tell you that he only started to get involved in the summer when we offered him less than we offered other players (Bramble being one) even though he had scored 20 goals and saved us from relegation.

Now you know the truth I take it you won't boo him again?

Well I got that information from someone on the zone who is well know to know to be right and has good contacts with Tilson.

So maybe your wrong in which case will you be booing him next time you see him?

Back