• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The suspension of prosser means we need a loan centre back. this should've sped up the process of bringing in someone promptly. and of course we have known the forward situation for months. in the past we have announced signings just prior to the January window opening. this jan should've been the most obvious of times to bring in a person or 2 immediately. but we shall not rush. need to make sure the ones we target are the right ones. the famous saying when ills behind the scenes were being disguised.

Kee to Mansfield. Akinfenwa to Wimbledon. Tubbs to Wimbledon. the Cambridge lad on trial with us in summer, Lee seemingly not rushing back. what does that tell us?? as said earlier on this thread the behind the scenes situation maybe more dire than we think. I repeat, we choose to believe what is convenient.
Or Phil brown is pig headed and won't rush ?

Or Phil brown is pig headed and won't rush ?

As I have alluded too in all my comments on this thread, if believing in what you say makes you happy then fair enough. just not overly realistic to believe in it 100%. do you thing that2m quid to improve training facilities wasn't designed to deflect off pitch flack away from ron by ron himself?? Do you trust him to deliver the dome like he has FF?? brown oesn't want to be here.applying for jobs elsewhere. he has got things on ron as he's not always getting what he's owed. ron won't sack him as phil will spill the beans. phil will only sign deal if most monies were up front. can't do that as Club cant guarantee iits future. I have replied as you put it as a question.

Kee to Mansfield. Akinfenwa to Wimbledon. Tubbs to Wimbledon. the Cambridge lad on trial with us in summer, Lee seemingly not rushing back. what does that tell us?? as said earlier on this thread the behind the scenes situation maybe more dire than we think. I repeat, we choose to believe what is convenient.
Can't see Brown wanting Kee or Akinfenwa. We chose not to sign Chiedozie in the summer, he signed for Concord in the end, do you really think we are in a worse situation than Concord to sign players? Besides, he hasn't scored since joining Cambridge so we aren't exactly missing out.

Tubbs is perhaps one we should have gone for but this doesn't necessarily mean issues behind the scenes.

Lee is still injured so why would we be rushing him back? What exactly do you think has drastically changed since we originally signed Lee to stop us signing him now?

billy kee is awfull, never lasts the 90 mins and is very inconsistent, I don't know what Scunthorpe see in him unless they were just looking for a sub to come on in every game for the last 15 mins:'(
Awful really? I respect everybody has their own opinion but the stats don't really back that up:-

2011–12 12 Goals in 18 Apps for Burton
2012–13 13 Goals in 40 Apps
2013–14 12 Goals in 40 Apps

Kee has scored zero goals this season, hardly the solution to our problems. Two top (for this level) strikers both decided to go to Wimbledon, doesn't that suggest that maybe strikers were just more impressed by how Wimbledon are set up than Southend? Barnard was never a Brown signing so I'm not too suprised he seemingly isn't part of our plans, I'd be amazed if Ron didn't influence that deal and he probably came on loan expecting a contract to be offered at the end of it. Lee is injured though so it is very unlikely he'll be leaving us in January so maybe he can force his way back into the picture when he recovers.

Maybe he has a settled family up north? The wages of a league 2 players are hardly astronomical.

Brown wants to sign a show pony such as JJ yet was not interested in Fagan who I thought in pre season looked very good.

Yes but then they retire with a lovely pension.

Do they? For 40/50/60 years?

Not if they are clever and do their coaching badges or go into scouting/media etc.

Vastly more players than League 1/2/conference clubs, and the media aren't going to be interested in some league 2 clogger. Many of them have no transferrable skills/qualifications so unless they've been smart and invested (rather than blow it down the local titty bar), the life of an ex-footballer (our level) I'd imagine is not that rosy.

Forget Billy Kee , im still surprised we never went in for Billy Knott who currently is plying his trade at Bradford and doing very well indeed.

Young Creative attacking midfielder/winger that would walk into our team IMO

Forget Billy Kee , im still surprised we never went in for Billy Knott who currently is plying his trade at Bradford and doing very well indeed.

Young Creative attacking midfielder/winger that would walk into our team IMO
only trouble is with knott is could we afford another midfielder that would want 4,000 a week in wages ? Good player tho to go for should we get into league one, I mean when we do:winking:

Key is no better than Barnard. Tubbs, tbh, is no better than Barnard. Neither would fit into the system we play.

Back