• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
Billy Kee has just signed a 3 month loan deal for Mansfield. Piggin Mansfield !!!!! :omg:

Kee is just the sort of player we should be going all out to sign . Kee was the main reason we are not playing in Div 1 this season after he battered us in the play off semi. He's a quality striker , good in the air , brave , intelligent , 2 good feet + can shoot from anywhere. and he's still only 24!

Ridiculous if Brown didnt attempt to get him .... he's probably spending too much time on trying to sign another bloomin midfielder

:angry:

I agree, if he was available we should have been trying to get him. Very surprised Burton have offloaded him though.

maybe the state of play behind the scenes is more diabolical than we think. but we choose to believe what is convenient to us.

maybe the state of play behind the scenes is more diabolical than we think. but we choose to believe what is convenient to us.

I dont think you are far wrong,

This season we( remember we are cash strapped)turn down offers of sponsorship,pay a decent transfer fee,offer Phil a ridiculous long term deal,supposedly purchased the dome!

Something fishy indeed.

the 2m spent on the training pitch. till we see evidence of this, like with FF, can't believe many fall for it. we moan at Ron saying we don't believe a word he says, then spouts off things like this and everybody falls for the charm. insulting the intelligence. with the setback of prospects, he's trying to portray himself as the " good news" man. can't blame me I've bought the becks dome. like ff I believe it when I see it.

At the end of his days at Burton he was dropped by then manager Gary Rowett, saying that he wanted a more mobile and fitter strikeforce. He also never played a full 90 minutes for Burton. So it may be a Freddy Eastwood situation, whereby injury means he will never be as good as he was.

Are we really moaning that we haven't signed a massively out of form striker? Might as well play Barnard as he has scored more goals this season.

I can see plenty of red flags with Kee - didn't look in shape, got sent off against us for two horrible tackles, lost his place in the Burton side, didn't manage a single goal for Scunny - that I can understand why Brown didn't go for him.

So because he has a name of past goals - we should sign him ! Notwithstanding he has come back from injury scoring no goals . Also maybe, just maybe, he may not have wanted to have moved south !! My lord, we gonna has this type of crap every time some one we have heard of hasn't joined us !!

Poldoski left arsenal for Milan - why did Phil not try and keep him in the country .., after all with 2mn on the dome , we surely could have afforded him !!

Billy Kee has just signed a 3 month loan deal for Mansfield. Piggin Mansfield !!!!! :omg:

Kee is just the sort of player we should be going all out to sign . Kee was the main reason we are not playing in Div 1 this season after he battered us in the play off semi. He's a quality striker , good in the air , brave , intelligent , 2 good feet + can shoot from anywhere. and he's still only 24!

Ridiculous if Brown didnt attempt to get him .... he's probably spending too much time on trying to sign another bloomin midfielder

:angry:
billy kee is awfull, never lasts the 90 mins and is very inconsistent, I don't know what Scunthorpe see in him unless they were just looking for a sub to come on in every game for the last 15 mins:'(

Because he would have been homesick coming all the way 'down south'.

I predict we will see a lot of players signing for other clubs who may fall under the headline "why didn't we sign...."

Kee to Mansfield. Akinfenwa to Wimbledon. Tubbs to Wimbledon. the Cambridge lad on trial with us in summer, Lee seemingly not rushing back. what does that tell us?? as said earlier on this thread the behind the scenes situation maybe more dire than we think. I repeat, we choose to believe what is convenient.

Matt tubbs that's the sort of foward we need can't we nick him?

Back