• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
Its about time the club was honest with it fans .Its been well documented that we are due in the high court again .And not just on this site .BBC look east ran I bit on the fact that again Southend united fc was facing another winding up order over un payed taxes . on Tuesday night . And we all know that this means we cant sign players while we are under an Embargo .So instead of having to read countless posts on hear about the woes of the club .lub should be honest with all there fans and tell us what they are doing about this mess .The club boasted about the 31000 fans they took to Wembley . Well if you want to keep some of them at least be honest with them instead of saying nothing and letting folk make up there own storys of what is happening at the club .

Id love more honesty, but what exactly would it achieve?

If they turned round and said we are unable to finance this club and are relying on Sainsbury to pay our debts until the stadium is 75% built when we will probably be struggling still with no way to actually finish it as Sainsbury would have left by then, what would the response be ?

I would love to hear what plans are in place and reassurances the owners can still support the club, but whilst it looks like they cant they arent going to lay out how bad things are as it serves no purpose other than create even more disharmony.

People dont want the truth, that want solutions, and Im not sure there are any at the moment.

Why are we in this mess? Lack of money.

Do you REALLY want to hear about the financial state of the club and it's future? Think long and hard about that one as you might not like the answer.

The Football Club is a business and as such won't divulge it's position on a number of things.

How many fans have said they will not attend games for a variety of reasons, how many more would feel dis-enfranchised by further bad news ?

If the club was to declare it was in a perilous state how would that affect it's dealings with other parties ?

The reasons are endless.

Its about time the club was honest with it fans .Its been well documented that we are due in the high court again .And not just on this site .BBC look east ran I bit on the fact that again Southend united fc was facing another winding up order over un payed taxes . on Tuesday night . And we all know that this means we cant sign players while we are under an Embargo .So instead of having to read countless posts on hear about the woes of the club .lub should be honest with all there fans and tell us what they are doing about this mess .The club boasted about the 31000 fans they took to Wembley . Well if you want to keep some of them at least be honest with them instead of saying nothing and letting folk make up there own storys of what is happening at the club .

What, and shut the Zone down?:nope:

Ignorance is bliss. The whole world is stressing about things we never did before simply because we never knew about things. For example i know about 20 people who took a week off work saying that they had "swine flu" because the papers were full of it at that time. A few weeks before that they would have took a lemsip + said "oh its nothing i ve just got a bit of a cold".

Journalists are full of BS and will write about and exxagerate anything just to get a story.

We as fans obviously care about the club intensely , its in our hearts and in our blood. But we shouldnt demand that the nuts and bolts of everything financially is made public - simply because any bad news there is out there without a shadow of doubt reduces our chances of success. Bad news would put off future sponsors, future players , future bank loans , future employees , future confidence in the Southend United product.

For example if i were considering buying a Ford car + got wind that a rumour theres a chance they were going out of business or struggling in some way i would either wait til the car was cheaper or i'd look elsewhere + buy something else. If no bad news was in the air i'd be happily driving my Ford around without a care in the world! You get my point.

Us real fans know that football clubs all over the country are skint. Ours is no different but maybe is no worse than the others.

The club has survived through thick and thin for 107 years. Lets shout from the rafters when we get good news and if the club want to keep worrying news quiet to protect from putting off prospective investors , then so be it.

If Ron owns up to being broke he might attract offers for the club....he doesn't want that.

everyone can see the state we are in? why admit to our problems and bring more bad publicity to the club?

Would you expect to know everything about say, Comet, before they closed their stores down and went into administration (or liquidation, whatever it was)? Been debated endlessly on here before, and for me, the same applies as it always does - it's a business, do they really want to let suppliers and potential players know exactly how much **** they may (or may not!) be in?!

The Football Club is a business and as such won't divulge it's position on a number of things.

How many fans have said they will not attend games for a variety of reasons, how many more would feel dis-enfranchised by further bad news ?

If the club was to declare it was in a perilous state how would that affect it's dealings with other parties ?

The reasons are endless.

I agree with you, but conversely it could also bring out the old die hard spirit of the fans and gain more support if they thought the club was about to fold... Who knows?

Would you expect to know everything about say, Comet, before they closed their stores down and went into administration (or liquidation, whatever it was)? Been debated endlessly on here before, and for me, the same applies as it always does - it's a business, do they really want to let suppliers and potential players know exactly how much **** they may (or may not!) be in?!

Exactly this- and million page threads debating every winding up order contributes in the same way.
However, something like a third of clubs have been in administration at some point and we are not one of them.

Exactly this- and million page threads debating every winding up order contributes in the same way.
However, something like a third of clubs have been in administration at some point and we are not one of them.

Yet...!
We are prime candidates to bypass that particular honour and move straight to the Essex Senior League!

Might not be so bad if we did, at least there would be a good chance of getting Ron Martin out. A short term disaster could turn out to long term benefit the club.

Yet...!
We are prime candidates to bypass that particular honour and move straight to the Essex Senior League!

Says who and based on what criteria?

Might not be so bad if we did, at least there would be a good chance of getting Ron Martin out. A short term disaster could turn out to long term benefit the club.

Ask the fans of Luton, Grimsby, Wrexham, Cambridge, Lincoln, Stockport etc how short term their disasters have been and whether they would swap with us.

I agree with you, but conversely it could also bring out the old die hard spirit of the fans and gain more support if they thought the club was about to fold... Who knows?

What I'd like to see is the fans who say they are fans actually attending the home matches and showing that die hard spirit from August 3rd. We don't need the club to tell us we are nearly broke - we know that and yes, lets have some of that die hard spirit now. Who knows what we can achievce if we get behind the club instead of seemingly trying to bring it down from within.

Says who and based on what criteria?

Ask the fans of Luton, Grimsby, Wrexham, Cambridge, Lincoln, Stockport etc how short term their disasters have been and whether they would swap with us.

What I'd like to see is the fans who say they are fans actually attending the home matches and showing that die hard spirit from August 3rd. We don't need the club to tell us we are nearly broke - we know that and yes, lets have some of that die hard spirit now. Who knows what we can achievce if we get behind the club instead of seemingly trying to bring it down from within.

Amongst the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth on here, you are spot on with you argument.:clap: Desist your reasonableness this instant.

I think we all need to get behind the club , promote it and encourage people to attend games.

It will increase income and hopefully the atmosphere may improve.

A business on the edge of insolvency would be bonkers to announce either how deep s**T it was in or that it was making progress into profit. Such an overt strategy has little real benefits for the club owners and financiers; but might help competitors and suppliers if services etc with negotiating price/profit margins.
When we got the Stan money I believe we had to pay more for the signings we then made because all felt we could afford it because we were (temporarily) solvent.

My personal opinion is we are not going to get rid of Ron anytime soon and there are no business consortium's (local or otherwise) in waiting wanting a piece of SUFC. I agree with a previous poster, increasing the average attendance would ease our troubles. There were 30 odd thousand at Wembley, yes the majority were fair weathers, there for the Wembley trip but why aren't the club doing more to get these fair weathers to Roots Hall? Some of them will never experience Roots Hall, why not give each Wembley ticket holder the chance to buy 1 home ticket for a £1? Get them in Ron!

Back