• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

duncan bulgaria

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Woman
It seems obvious that the team we have this season has divided many of our fans as to whether or not it is getting better or is it diclining into a team that is unreconisable to the successful ones we have been used to under Sir Steve.

No one can deny that the management , the chairman , the players and also the fans have made a massive difference to this club in the last 5 years and it has been a tremendous rollercoaster for everyone.

This rollercoaster seems to be slowly coming to a halt and the people that have enjoyed the ride want to carry on this journey and are asking questions as to why it has too stop,
Now there are also folk that are just happy to have been on this ride and to thank their lucky stars they had the opportunaty to seek the thrills of the CCC ,having been as low as the bottom 7 in league 2 .

Tilly has been a superb manager in his 5 years in charge and i honestly think that raising the bar as a manager has wet the fans lips and some fans will want to see the level of passion and effort , skill and commitment shown week in week out .

I am one of these fans , i have seen how Francis can perform , i can see how Bailey , Macca , Barnard , clarke ,barrett can perform and i will ask questions when they are not playing up to their best , as i feel they are cheating the fans who turn up week in week out and spend nearly all of the spare cash they have on following the blues.

When i'm at a game , for the 90 minutes im watching it , i'm actually in the zone and i go from a reasonable , fairly quite fella , to someone that wants the team to win so badly , that i get so annoyed and angry when they don't, the point i'm trying to make is there are posters on here that i can relate to with the passion they show and i tip my hat to them for voicing their minority opinions .
These minorities should not be shot down as deep down the one thing we are after is success and i am desperate to see the management get players into this club that will improve and take us forward , so far this pre season the management have not done this and brushing it under the carpet is not the way to go about this.

The team is not shaping up to how i expected it to be this season and i think we have made some big errors this summer , so my question to people is do we make out everything is ok , or do we question what is going on as one of the best things about this site is that i'm almost positive that our management read this board and that they listen .

Its not saying that we are right , but i'm sure Tilly came out and rollocked his players publicly as he knew the fans were upset and angry , thats why i feel this club is destend for great things and thats why i'll never be the ' i won't vent my anger at the team/manager/board ' brigade.

Venting your anger is one thing and I can understand that but I think people get annoyed when it leads down to personal abuse of one player often not the player who is at fault.

I agree entirely with that post, a lot of people don't get paid if they don't perform to the standard that they are worth.

frankly this post is one reason I don't bother to come to many matches even when I'm not working. The atmosphere is complete toilet.
I've said it once and I'll say it the thousandth time I have not seen one single player play better with the crowd on his back in over 45 years supporting this team. Perhaps other fans can name one but i doubt it.
And we haven't even come close to playing a competitive match this season.

frankly this post is one reason I don't bother to come to many matches even when I'm not working. The atmosphere is complete toilet.
I've said it once and I'll say it the thousandth time I have not seen one single player play better with the crowd on his back in over 45 years supporting this team. Perhaps other fans can name one but i doubt it.
And we haven't even come close to playing a competitive match this season.

Well thats a shame , you name me one club in the world where the fans have never booed at half time or full time and also vented their anger at the board or the players at some point.

I don't believe that the crowd gets on the players back for no reaosn at all , its the same in most professions , you perform well , you get rewarded ,you perform badly and you get bollocked.

Yes personal insults are wrong but telling a player he is not pulling his weight is not , that is what frustrates me most , i am aware that our team is limited in its abilitys , but if you can't come on a forum and vent your anger then what can you do .

Maybe my initial post was misleading but it was aimed at venting your anger through a fans forum as i believe that it feeds down to the management due to the fact that i'm almost certain that the board read this site , and if you are unhappy with something then let them know .......what wrong with that ???

Well thats a shame , you name me one club in the world where the fans have never booed at half time or full time and also vented their anger at the board or the players at some point.

I don't believe that the crowd gets on the players back for no reaosn at all , its the same in most professions , you perform well , you get rewarded ,you perform badly and you get bollocked.

Yes personal insults are wrong but telling a player he is not pulling his weight is not , that is what frustrates me most , i am aware that our team is limited in its abilitys , but if you can't come on a forum and vent your anger then what can you do .

Maybe my initial post was misleading but it was aimed at venting your anger through a fans forum as i believe that it feeds down to the management due to the fact that i'm almost certain that the board read this site , and if you are unhappy with something then let them know .......what wrong with that ???

If I am having a poor week my boss my pull me to one side and tell me things needs to be better next week...I do not get a load of spotty oiks telling me I am ****ing **** and a ******......

Bit different Duncan.......If people want to cane the players why not do it down the spread like most decent fans......

It seems obvious that the team we have this season has divided many of our fans as to whether or not it is getting better or is it diclining into a team that is unreconisable to the successful ones we have been used to under Sir Steve.

No one can deny that the management , the chairman , the players and also the fans have made a massive difference to this club in the last 5 years and it has been a tremendous rollercoaster for everyone.

This rollercoaster seems to be slowly coming to a halt and the people that have enjoyed the ride want to carry on this journey and are asking questions as to why it has too stop,
Now there are also folk that are just happy to have been on this ride and to thank their lucky stars they had the opportunaty to seek the thrills of the CCC ,having been as low as the bottom 7 in league 2 .

Tilly has been a superb manager in his 5 years in charge and i honestly think that raising the bar as a manager has wet the fans lips and some fans will want to see the level of passion and effort , skill and commitment shown week in week out .

I am one of these fans , i have seen how Francis can perform , i can see how Bailey , Macca , Barnard , clarke ,barrett can perform and i will ask questions when they are not playing up to their best , as i feel they are cheating the fans who turn up week in week out and spend nearly all of the spare cash they have on following the blues.

When i'm at a game , for the 90 minutes im watching it , i'm actually in the zone and i go from a reasonable , fairly quite fella , to someone that wants the team to win so badly , that i get so annoyed and angry when they don't, the point i'm trying to make is there are posters on here that i can relate to with the passion they show and i tip my hat to them for voicing their minority opinions .
These minorities should not be shot down as deep down the one thing we are after is success and i am desperate to see the management get players into this club that will improve and take us forward , so far this pre season the management have not done this and brushing it under the carpet is not the way to go about this.

The team is not shaping up to how i expected it to be this season and i think we have made some big errors this summer , so my question to people is do we make out everything is ok , or do we question what is going on as one of the best things about this site is that i'm almost positive that our management read this board and that they listen .

Its not saying that we are right , but i'm sure Tilly came out and rollocked his players publicly as he knew the fans were upset and angry , thats why i feel this club is destend for great things and thats why i'll never be the ' i won't vent my anger at the team/manager/board ' brigade.

I agree with you that people should be able to say how they feel without being ridiculed. Its only human. Thats why I dont understand all this rep crap on here, I swear people say things just to get green,were as the people who say what they feel have red.......a few exceptions of course....oh well i guess someone has the right to give me some red now..oh well.

If I am having a poor week my boss my pull me to one side and tell me things needs to be better next week...I do not get a load of spotty oiks telling me I am ****ing **** and a ******......

Bit different Duncan.......If people want to cane the players why not do it down the spread like most decent fans......

Thats your boss , and if it works for you then fine , in my line of work its a different ball game , its all about meeting deadlines and goals and if you don't achieve , then you get told , you carry on not achieving then you won't be working in that environment for much longer , we used to have a pyscologist come in and try and help us perform and achieve our goals and they reckon that my line of work is so similar to one of a professional sportsman.

Thats why everyone is different and i for one will never and have never slated anyone on here for voicing an opinion regarding the performance of our team.
Tilly has done fabulously but that doesn't mean he can afford to take his foot off the gas otherwise this game will just swallow him up and spit him out like many bigger and better managers have found to their peril.

It's all about acheiving and getting results , the team on paper is no where near as good as at our strongest point last season , whether that be his fault or not and it is very dissapointing and maybe he knows this or not , but by the fans coming on a site and voicing there opinions could have a positive result on the team ....i.e like my point about tillys outburst a couple ofd days ago , or Ron going into the dressing room after coming under pressure.

Our fans and management seem to get it right as most of the players that have not been up to the task and got rid off,had been found out months before by the majority on this board.
If we never complained about anything then maybe nothing would get done , just my theory .

I agree with you that people should be able to say how they feel without being ridiculed. Its only human. Thats why I dont understand all this rep crap on here, I swear people say things just to get green,were as the people who say what they feel have red.......a few exceptions of course....oh well i guess someone has the right to give me some red now..oh well.

I'm afraid, people dont like others that 'rock the boat', 'sing a slightly different tune' or any other metaphor you want to use. In football supporters, it seems to bring the worst out of people, especially as its down to emotions and mans basic tribal instinct...maybe its why out of 8000+ supporters that turn up for games, theres only less than 200 that have registered to a 'supporters' forum, beause they know that people will point and shout 'STRANGER.....KILL!!'
How dare you have a differeing opinion to the minority...

if i wanna vent my anger at the team/player then i will, sorry i work my arse off though out the week and even sat morings before home games, so that i can pay to watch Southend in every game they play in, this kinda thread will alway come up as everyone in the world see things different, every fan loves and supports the club in different was, if that at home listen to radio, going homes game going home and away at end of the day they put money into the club some how

if you dont agree or dont like what you read or listen to then dont say or write anyhthing simple

for the record if we gonna use our jobs as a example then try being a debt collector you get called all sorts i just laugh at them as i know i have a beter life then most of them

I don't think there is anything wrong with venting anger at the team/player/management surely that was one of the reasons for the setting up of SZ, we will all have similar and differing views on the Blues.

I'm afraid, people dont like others that 'rock the boat', 'sing a slightly different tune' or any other metaphor you want to use. In football supporters, it seems to bring the worst out of people, especially as its down to emotions and mans basic tribal instinct...maybe its why out of 8000+ supporters that turn up for games, theres only less than 200 that have registered to a 'supporters' forum, beause they know that people will point and shout 'STRANGER.....KILL!!'
How dare you have a differeing opinion to the minority...

You seem to be the one who has an issue with people disagreeing with you and your point of view.

Meh, maybe I'm wrong. I don't think I've ever seen anyone say that anyone isn't entitled to air that opinion, but that works both ways. If you are going to voice that opinion then you should accept the fact that some people are going to disagree with you and not take that disagreement to mean that your opinions aren't respected.

It generally seems to me that those who claim to be being marginalised or persecuted for their opinions are actually the ones who have the biggest problem with people not agreeing with them.

It has got to be better to support the players, management and chairman whilst the match is going on and then moan about them on here or in the pub afterwards rather than shout abuse at them during the 90 minutes.
I know Ron Martin has always found time to have private meetings with disgruntled fans in his office if they want to question his leadership and I am sure Tilly would prefer to chat to people and sort out problems rather than have abuse shouted at him.
It can't help the players to be abused when they are playing. It never helped me.

I don't have an objection with anyone shouting "get your finger out, son!" or something similar to one of our players if appropriate. That's a form of vocal encouragement, it's the personal abuse that so many of us have issues with.

I have not seen one single player play better with the crowd on his back in over 45 years supporting this team. Perhaps other fans can name one but i doubt it.

Then you have forgotten the legend that is Roy McDonut !

As for Duncan's comments I thought they were quite constructive. With the transfer window closing, seemingly a wall of silence from the club and a threadbare squad seemingly with money in the kitty even my unswerving support of T and B is being questioned.

Meh, maybe I'm wrong. I don't think I've ever seen anyone say that anyone isn't entitled to air that opinion, but that works both ways. If you are going to voice that opinion then you should accept the fact that some people are going to disagree with you and not take that disagreement to mean that your opinions aren't respected.

It generally seems to me that those who claim to be being marginalised or persecuted for their opinions are actually the ones who have the biggest problem with people not agreeing with them.

maybe its because sometimes they have to shout loudest to be heard, but I understand where you are coming from.

There are a number of different ways of expressing disappointment at a poor performance. None of which, in my mind , will make a jot of difference to the team, they just make the person feel they have made thier point heard.
Personally I don't like the abusing a player at the game option, I don't feel it adds anything to the atmosphere at a game nor does it assist in anyway. I feel encouragement is the only way the crowd can influence things. (and before it gets raised I am not talking about cheering someone if they have a bad game, which appears to be the stock response when the matter of abusing players gets raised)
As for the after game reaction, constructive critiscism always seems to be accepted better by those who hear/read the comments than a blind rant.

As for the current situation, I have not seen a friendly yet so I can't comment on any of the performances. I am a little concerned about the lack of numbers in the squad, but I do not believe that Tilly has/is not got players in mind and as we only have heard about a couple we tried to get but didn't, leads me to think that we are a little way from panic buys yet

With the transfer window closing.
This isn't a difference of opinion as I know you like to use that line Tony, but did you go to your Maths lesson at school?

Transfer Window;
Opens - 1st July 2008
Closes - 31 August 2008

Today's date - 22 July 2008

We are not even halfway through the transfer window so not sure how it can be deemed to be closing?! Might as well say we're nearly in 2010 by that logic.

And people say T&B panic !

Back