• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're all just lovable rogues really.

January 15, 2010
West Ham fined £115,000 over Carling Cup crowd violence
Neil Gardner

West Ham United have been fined £115,000 after they were found guilty of breaching FA rules over crowd violence at the Carling Cup tie with Millwall at Upton Park in August.

The Barclays Premier League club have also been ordered to pay adjusted costs of £5,000, but they escaped being forced to play matches behind closed doors. Millwall were cleared of all charges.

The FA's independent regulatory commission found them guilty of two charges: failure to ensure their supporters refrained from violent, threatening, obscene and provocative behaviour; and failure to ensure their supporters did not enter the field of play.
The violent clashes on August 25 led to 64 arrests and the stabbing of a Millwall fan outside Upton Park, and there were pitch invasions during the match by West Ham fans followed each of their side's goals in the 3-1 extra-time win.
More than 50 people have been charged by police in connection with disorder inside and outside the ground.

at least we got an FA cup final pal - closest you will ever come is watching it on match of the day.

out of the two of us, we both know who will have more troubles next season

Blimey, touchy aren't you. You really need to worry more about Wigan, WBA. Blackpool and the other relegation fodder from the premiers***.

Not, according to you, conference bound SUFC.

Just had a nose around their forum to read their views on the game - they find it puzzling that "we have a chip on our shoulder" about them. I suspect they are unaware of what they did in 97/98 with the club shop and "special relationship" because I reckon if Arsenal opened up a shop down Green Street they might have had a few complaints.

I think they have trouble accepting that we are proud of our club, even if it is a small club, and don't accept other teams and fans taking the **** by opening club shops or fans sitting in our ends and mouthing off, etc.

That said I said next to a west ham fan last night and he seemed a decent bloke, was telling me who their players were etc. The few around me in the East Greens were relatively well behaved, just the one numpty at the back of the stand.

at least we got an FA cup final pal - closest you will ever come is watching it on match of the day.

out of the two of us, we both know who will have more troubles next season

Yeah must have been nice watching you lose it. So close too. Shame.

Turning up at Cup Finals to get beaten must be brilliant, loads to play for dont you ?

Yeah must have been nice watching you lose it. So close too. Shame.

Turning up at Cup Finals to get beaten must be brilliant, loads to play for dont you ?

ha ha - so jealous

good luck in the LDV this year

Well we don't carry sick notes like Kieron Dyer on 80k a week. Unlike you we don't think we are a big club.

ha ha - you are digging out our wage structure??

you havent paid your previous manager or players for three months!!!

mickey mouse springs to mind

ha ha - so jealous

No jealousy on our part mate, we realise the nature of things and as I pointed out earlier unlike supporters of your club we don't have delusions of grandeur, hows it feel to be a feeder club for your bigger London neighbours? Being a selling club is something we know all about.

No jealousy on our part mate, we realise the nature of things and as I pointed out earlier unlike supporters of your club we don't have delusions of grandeur, hows it feel to be a feeder club for your bigger London neighbours? Being a selling club is something we know all about.

at least we have players that decent teams want to buy!!

anyway, you dont sell players - you dont pay them and they walk!

shouldnt you support canvey.... as pointed out to me earlier?

Ahh, West Ham.

The only place in England where defecating into a baby's pram is considered an acceptable pastime.

Kind Regards

This is incorrect...

I believe it is tolerated in some areas of Glasgow as well!

Edit: I noticed you put England instead of Britain, so you are correct, apologies!

Blimey a West Ham fan admitting Spurs and Chelsea are decent teams. FWIW we've sold a few in recent times.

As I pointed out earlier if the Premier League hadn't bottled out of giving your club a points deduction over the Tevez affair, like as not West Ham would have gone to the wall a year or so back.

And to answer your question I don't have a problem with people supportingclubs outside of where they live, many people move for whatever reason, that shouldn't stop you supporting your club, whoever or wherever they maybe.

ha ha - so jealous

Oh yeah Im so jealous I dont support a team who has nothing to play for but survival every year. That sounds fascinating.

I could easily choose to go to Premiership games, my family are from Islington and support Arsenal, but I choose to watch Southend and find it much more enjoyable.

Oh and at least we have a chance of winning the LDV, what are you ever going to win ?

You are the worst team in London, even Fulham are better than you now lol.

Last edited:
they won the world cup in 1966.

ps to be fair, brian dear's alright. did you know he scored 5 goals in one game?

Fair enough, plus a cup win 30 years ago when Brooking fell over and it hit him on his head, then Paul Allen should have been sent off for diving when Willie Young put in that excellent challenge.

Up the Irons.

Our Financial problems have hardly been helped by so called West Ham Legends pretending that they know something about Football Management..

Two of the worst managers in our History were One nut and Chipmunk yet at Upton Park they loved them

Frank Lampard was pretty ropey as a player too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back