• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well..., apart from the solid team performance and one or two great individual displays it was the first time in (my) living memory when West Ham fans didn't clearly outnumber Shrimpers fans at Roots Hall. They were outnumbered and outsung. Those who know me will know that I'm not an advocate of violence in any form, but the sight of a claret and blue, red faced chav being slung out the west bank by our own fans was a joy to watch. The remaining West Ham fans went very quiet after that...odd.

Now usually I haven't got anytime for this sort of thing and 9 times out of 10 will (purposly) ignore it and concentrate on the football. Not tonight. For way to long we have surrendered OUR town and OUR Roots Hall to these mugs. Not Tonight though, not tonight.

Can't wait for the season to start. Southend till I die.

Is that what happened in the west stand? Thats quite funny.
What made my evening as much as holding them to a draw was the fact that they are so clearly relegated before a ball is kicked in anger. Surely they have another team hidden away somewhere? If not, they are in for a torrid time :D

Yes I remember this one, but I seem to remember being outnumbered............unless my memories have been fogged.

Ignore me, I was just getting nostalgic and that seemed a good spot as any to say it.

Still makes me laugh that sky sports are making it look like k.o was delayed to get such a big gate in. Yes only because people turned up last minute on the night.

We have got regular league gates that size for quite some time now

Still makes me laugh that sky sports are making it look like k.o was delayed to get such a big gate in. Yes only because people turned up last minute on the night.

Actually thats not the case. the club sold tickets over trhe phone and said they could be collected from the box office prior to the game. i got there at 7pm to be told that they had to be colelcted from the north east ticket office. I stood in the queue until 7.43 when i finally got mine. at that point the queue stretched all the way back to the south east turnstiles! I told dick spooner that if they didnt delay kick off he would have a riot on his hands (this was after the gorilla of a security man said no way would they delay it). When i got round to the west bank the gates were open!!!! people were just walking in freely without paying, so there were more there than stated. For once, paying on the door was a better option

What actually happened out the back there. I couldn't see too much from where I was

This happened behind my seat basically there was 3 west ham guys & a lady (if i can even call her that) it was the guy in the orange shirt getting mouthy after there goal he was being loud and even swearing back at people when told to seat down a shut the **** up i said to his mate you wanna tell your mate this isn’t the best stand to get mouthy and his reply was and i Quote "dont worry about him he is a a nutter who will fight anyone he will prob go crazy and beat up all the southend boys who are giving it" so i said fair enough then to my delight that Hench guy (who i must say is a legend) stood up and told him to F off to which the guy shouted a few things then our man said wait there ill come to you and calmly walked over to him and the guy in the orange polo stood there got then tried to stand behind his mate then got pushed by are man then him and his mate (and the ladiething) Ran at which point about 20 shouting shrimpers chased them out the ground lol what a sight and if anyone knows our man who walked over there tell him i wanna buy him a drink as its not the first time he has got rid of a mouthy fan UTB

We have got regular league gates that size for quite some time now

Totally agree mate. I actually found that quite condescending. I wonder if anyone at Sky had bothered to do some research, that they'd have made such a big deal about the crowd size?

This happened behind my seat basically there was 3 west ham guys & a lady (if i can even call her that) it was the guy in the orange shirt getting mouthy after there goal he was being loud and even swearing back at people when told to seat down a shut the **** up i said to his mate you wanna tell your mate this isn’t the best stand to get mouthy and his reply was and i Quote "dont worry about him he is a a nutter who will fight anyone he will prob go crazy and beat up all the southend boys who are giving it" so i said fair enough then to my delight that Hench guy (who i must say is a legend) stood up and told him to F off to which the guy shouted a few things then our man said wait there ill come to you and calmly walked over to him and the guy in the orange polo stood there got then tried to stand behind his mate then got pushed by are man then him and his mate (and the ladiething) Ran at which point about 20 shouting shrimpers chased them out the ground lol what a sight and if anyone knows our man who walked over there tell him i wanna buy him a drink as its not the first time he has got rid of a mouthy fan UTB

thanks for that, anyone know who is he. he did well!

He sits about 3 rows down and to my right and is a fair old size. I joke and i do mean joke to my mate that i could take him down.

Not sure who he is but my guess is you will regularly find him down the gym. The bloke in the orange t-shirt was right to ****ing run as this fella would have ate him up and shat him out. I for one hoped he would as the hammer was a right prick and kept giving it and doing the cross thing with his arms like some lame homage to x factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back