• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southchurch

Manager⭐
firing on all cylinders this season.
It seems he has had a major dip in form. It was not that long ago it was suspected that a club from Championship level would soon be coming in for him.
In my opinion I think he is not seeing enough of the ball (on the ground) and has found it difficult to adjust to PS's direct football ( we are not allowed to call it , you know what). Because of this he has lost his old swagger and confidence is badly dented. Don't forget he was a youth player at Chelsea and they cant prepare you for what he's dealing with now. I think if we go up , then next season he could show some of his old self. That's if we do start playing real football .

I think it's more that he forgot how to shoot, when someone is scoring brilliant goals every week it's easier to look over the flaws in a player. However he does still have his fans on here, it seems PS just doesn't happen to be one of them. Also there have been murmurs he doesn't want to be here, but as no-one has come for him he's been stuck at Southend, no idea how much truth there is in that though

he doesnt break the oppos play up half as well as kalala and at times this season his passing has been woeful (as has kalalas granted) not the same drive and vision as timlin so he is simply not 1st choice at the mo, he has to earn it and in my opinion he has actually played himself out of the team. Come on granty show me what you can do.

firing on all cylinders this season.
PS's direct football ( we are not allowed to call it , you know what).

Yeah I hate this direct football and winning 5-2 away from home, I want to see the back four passing it around for 40 minutes with us creating very little chances but hopefully scraping a 1-0 win :smile:

That's not me having a go, just being sarcastic mate :happy:

All I would say is that the manager makes the decisions and currently they seem to be the correct ones.

I think people seemed surprised when he put Mohsni on today, I know I was, but that really turned out quite well.

All I would say is that the manager makes the decisions and currently they seem to be the correct ones.

I think people seemed surprised when he put Mohsni on today, I know I was, but that really turned out quite well.

That is why nearly all of us fans would make rubbish managers :smile:

Granty featured quite largely on the Take it Like a Fan thing, good footballing knowledge and looked perfectly at ease. i think he just has to accept that there is fighting for positions this season, which is no bad thing.

Back