• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rararblue

Classic Member
Just wonder, if he is waiting for someone. Maybe on a 93 day loan starting beginning Oct taking us through to the transfer window, when they could sign. He may well be saving the place for an emergency, but it wouldn"t surprise me if he had someone lined up.

he had hinted on bbc Essex after the Scunthorpe game two weeks that someone was close to signing. still no one. wouldn't like to say what the reason is so better to stay quiet. maybe ask jam.

Heard we are after a west ham youngster but the hammers are short of players and are reluctant to loan out . Maybe we are waiting on that.

Real tough one, if you had to strengthen our team and you had the option of getting one player in....????? **cked if I know, the other week I was sure we needed a big dominating centre back, I also think we need some real pace up front, we also need a real crazy box to box centre midfielder, also a really good winger. Take ya pick (only one mind)

Most likely Ron won't allow the wage bill to go up, even by a little

Probably still doesn't know how best to fill it. In my opinion, we need a striker with pace and a tall, commanding centre back.

But which do we need more!?

Most likely Ron won't allow the wage bill to go up, even by a little

So after approving all the back room signings and 9 players Ron has suddenly stopped at 19 and wont get one more in. Sounds highly unlikely to me.

We were trialling players last week after all.

The simplest answers are normally the best ones

Is the simplest answer surely just we have only one space so Brown has to make sure its a good signing that will make a difference, and with only loans and free agents to choose from he hasnt found anyone?

If there is a choice of signing a player, what position to fill? That is quite an interesting question.

I will discount the striker role as we have Woodrow and I can see him leaving and another player coming.

We seem to have cover in defence (interesting to see the line up for tonight's game).

All in all, I would look for an attacking midfielder - one with creativity.

It's difficult. There may be an element of him not wanting to fill it and then finding out (through injury) that he needs something totally different a week later and having his hands tied...

We're probably waiting for Woodrow to go back before we bring someone in.

If we were that desperate to bring someone and were unable to bring anyone in then we could send him or Thompson back now. The latter isnt even playing...

So after approving all the back room signings and 9 players Ron has suddenly stopped at 19 and wont get one more in. Sounds highly unlikely to me.

We were trialling players last week after all.

Is the simplest answer surely just we have only one space so Brown has to make sure its a good signing that will make a difference, and with only loans and free agents to choose from he hasnt found anyone?

If there's no money to spend on wages then there's no point bringing in a cheap player who is weaker than we already have just for the sake of making up the numbers

In todays Echo, Brown said he was looking to extend his loan further.. If we are no closer to bring anyone else in, then might as well keep him - surely cant be a big drain on our coffers.

If there's no money to spend on wages then there's no point bringing in a cheap player who is weaker than we already have just for the sake of making up the numbers

Ive highlighted the actual point.

Wages I doubt are the issue. We can either pay the squad, or we cant. And despite all the talk players havent been paid I have heard nothing to hear that was actually the case. Even if we cant, whats it matter if you cant pay 20 when you cant pay 19.

The real problem Im sure Brown has is indeed to find anyone who will add to the squad, because if he gets it wrong then we are in a position where we cant bring anyone else in, and lets face it what players are available right now that are really going to be better than we have? Loanees are always a risk and free agents at this point arent going to be fit even if they are good enough.

So, isn't it possible to farm-out Reid, Straker on loan, and not extend Woodrow's stay, this will open up the options to PB, rather than have to hit it "spot on" with only one option should he hang onto what we've got ??

It's difficult. There may be an element of him not wanting to fill it and then finding out (through injury) that he needs something totally different a week later and having his hands tied...

I'm pretty sure that's exactly it. Keeping the space gives him the freedom to get someone in for a month if we take a couple of injuries in the same position. If he signs a 20th player he loses that ability.

Back