• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Why is Granty's signing taking so long?

DTS

The Business
He seems to have told amost everyone at meet the blues day he is coming here. He is pretty much a free agent and Tilly seems to want him.

Surely both parties want the deal done before saturday so Grant has a chance to start?

Anyone got any ideas what is holding this up. It is just a simple barter on wages?

Fully expected this to be just a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's last week, and for it to be wrapped up by Wednesday at the latest. Seems to me, since Walker's original signing, when all the heart trouble came to light after the signing had been announced, very few contract signings or negotiations have gone smoothly. Don't know whether that's us being sticky about things after having those problems or not.

We signed Carl Pettefer on the pitch 1970s/80s style, last game of the 04/05 season. It was one of the most emotional days of my life to see little Carl so happy with his plaster cast and all, signing what was probably a blank piece of paper on a camping table.

We signed Carl Pettefer on the pitch 1970s/80s style, last game of the 04/05 season. It was one of the most emotional days of my life to see little Carl so happy with his plaster cast and all, signing what was probably a blank piece of paper on a camping table.

I too was touched....

I recall him having to have two attempts to get on the pitch as the step was a bit too much the first time round....

Happy happy days....

He's not tall enough?

whats height got to do with anything.. hes not playing in goal or centre back... he'll be playing in centre of the park (or full back as cover).. lets face it... this lad doesnt ever chicken out of a tackle, always looks for a forward pass, and positionally he looks pretty solid too... i think he has great potential and could possibly turn out to be our best signing over the summer.. that is if he ever does sign!

whats height got to do with anything.. hes not playing in goal or centre back... he'll be playing in centre of the park (or full back as cover)
I think his point is whether 5'11" is tall enough for someone who might have to cover full back under the new "Clapham Convention", which is a bit like I'm Sorry I haven't a Clue's game called Mornington Crescent but makes less sense! ;)

He is pretty much a free agent...

"Pretty much" a free agent doesn't mean that he is a free agent though and I suspect that that is what is holding up the deal. He has a year left at Chelsea so even if they are letting him go on a free there would have to be some agreement made on the last year's worth of wages that he's due.

Last edited:
"Pretty much" a free agent doesn't mean that he is a free agent though and I suspect that that is what is holding up the deal. He has a year left at Chelsea so even if they are letting him go on a free there would have to be some agreement made on the last year's worth or wages that he's due.

Thats what I am thinking. IF he hasn't asked for a move, his entitled to a "loyalty bonus" from Chelsea, that is whats probably holding up the deal.

whats height got to do with anything.. hes not playing in goal or centre back... he'll be playing in centre of the park (or full back as cover).. lets face it... this lad doesnt ever chicken out of a tackle, always looks for a forward pass, and positionally he looks pretty solid too... i think he has great potential and could possibly turn out to be our best signing over the summer.. that is if he ever does sign!

Well there isn't alot of competition for that award, unfortunately.

Probably not enough money provided by Ron.. or grant has asked something ridiculous like another 50 pound a week more, and Ron has put him on the transfer list... even before he's signed

Probably not enough money provided by Ron.. or grant has asked something ridiculous like another 50 pound a week more, and Ron has put him on the transfer list... even before he's signed

harsh but fair

He seems to have told amost everyone at meet the blues day he is coming here. He is pretty much a free agent and Tilly seems to want him.

Surely both parties want the deal done before saturday so Grant has a chance to start?

Anyone got any ideas what is holding this up. It is just a simple barter on wages?

When i questioned AG about why the delay he said Uncle Ron was a busy man and sometimes difficult to get hold of! He was confident of it going through though.

Back