• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Why is there no praise for Grant!!

shaneyshrimper

First XI
Grant is one of those players who seems to have good and bad days on the pitch. But last night was the best I have ever see him play.

He played out of his skin and lets me honest he neded to with Macca having a shocker of a game.

Credit where it was due Moussa was great last night, infact the whole team was unbelievable but for me Grant bossed that midfield.

Nice one Granty an unsung hero from last night..

Blues are staying up!!!!

Defensive holding players never really get the same credit as flair layers sadly.

Great point though I thought he was excellent last night after a quiet game on saturday. I also liked the way he stayed and clapped the fans at the end long after all the others had walked off..

Super little player really like him.

He does a great job with little wrong, so he is rarely noticed. Played brilliantly in the previous games.

He's also very good at winding up the opposition and drawing fouls from them.

It's no coincidence that we've stopped losing since Grant returned from injury.

Grant is one of those players who seems to have good and bad days on the pitch. But last night was the best I have ever see him play.

He played out of his skin and lets me honest he neded to with Macca having a shocker of a game.

Credit where it was due Moussa was great last night, infact the whole team was unbelievable but for me Grant bossed that midfield.

Nice one Granty an unsung hero from last night..

Blues are staying up!!!!

Quite a few people have given Grant MOM in the Report thread from last nights game and sung his praises. For me, he is the best midfielder we have and it's no coincidence we are playing better with him back in the team.

I don't have him on my sig for nothing you know.

top player - him and Moussa can get us out this mess and next year out of this league -

He has got lots of praise for last night, virtually everyone has said he was excellent.

Much better since returning from injury than before it.

I've always rated Grant and it baffles me how some can't see it , each to their own I suppose. In my view he's been far and away our best midfielder for quite some time but he was excellent last night.

Think he would do a great job as captain , he's a very intelligent player and have you noticed the amount of times he pops over during a break in play to speak to Tilson.

He has been excellent since he has come back. The midfield looked as good as it has done for a long time last night and Grant's presence has been instrumental i think and it's gutting to lose Scannell for the season, i'd have played them 4 for the rest of the season.

Grant has impressed me ever since his debut, and he has just got better and better. He has a footballing brain that rivals Freedman, and he plays with an intelligence that is second to none. He has also played in most positions for us this season, so is also versatile and happy to get on with whatever is asked of him. I also like the way he is so unassuming and appreciative of the crowd at the end of each game - says a lot about him as an individual.

I know that this is tempting fate - but Grant and Scannell are my biggest contenders for player of the year (just hope they dont go and leave on us now I've said that...)I just hope we manage to hold onto both because I would expect that other clubs will be queuing up if we end up getting relegated.

In the future, I think Grant will make an excellent replacement captain when Barratt eventually hands over the mantle.

he's actually one of my favourite players, goes down a bit too easy sometimes but is very cool on the ball and seems very composed. so the dirty work that isnt pretty to the eye but vital to the team.

i've said it before i don't think is coinsidence that we've starting picking up points when he's back in the team.

i remember sitting with his pals at stamford bridge. i think granty wants to reach the big time. they loved a versace wash bag to carry around with them. granty is a top player.

It's no coincidence that we've stopped losing since Grant returned from injury.

Never as simple as one player, but he will have played a part.

Pat Baldwin is another major reason.

Grant is doing well though and Id be surprised if JFC walks back in, however its possible Grant would be moved to the right, which I think would be a waste.

AS to the threads title Grant has been getting rave reviews so not sure why this thread even exists.

Last edited:
Really?
I'd heard (wonder from who?) that a certain Irishman had played out of his boots and performed a true captains role ("far more than Mildenhall")...

I lost count of the number of mis-hit passes Macca had - definitely not his best game and lucky to stay on the park as just failed to connect with an elbow on one of the Walsall players. How we got the free kick from that i do not know.

I lost count of the number of mis-hit passes Macca had - definitely not his best game and lucky to stay on the park as just failed to connect with an elbow on one of the Walsall players. How we got the free kick from that i do not know.

i wouldnt say macca played bad although he missed placed a few passes if you read most match reports including the ratings fans gace on here most thought macca played well and was very vocal for me
we had 5 outstanding players last night probly in this order

mouse
grant
macca
francis
baldwin
were all unreal imo

Last edited:
Back