• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
With Tuesdays game being such a high profile match with so much riding on the match .You would havr thought sky sports might just have been on the ball and shown the game . It not like they didn't know that this rearranged game might have so much riding on it .But we are SOUTHEND and we are not favourable with most sky pundits .

In fairness games that are covered by sky are chosen months in advance. Hence why you get games where you think, them two teams are mid-table why are they on? Because a few months previous they were at the top end of the table when chosen.

If you go back a few months, granted we were in the play offs but Bury were just outside. Not at the top of the list really.

To be honest at this time of year any team could justify why they should be on sky, admittedly it would be brilliant if it was on sky for those who cant make the game.

With Tuesdays game being such a high profile match with so much riding on the match .You would havr thought sky sports might just have been on the ball and shown the game . It not like they didn't know that this rearranged game might have so much riding on it .But we are SOUTHEND and we are not favourable with most sky pundits .

Yes we are Southend and we also fourth tier football - apart from Southend and Bury supporters and possibly Wycombe, no one will give a monkeys.

I also expect as Sky are contracted to show a certain number of matches they can't just add another to the schedule.

Oh sorry I forgot about the champions league .With all those English clubs involved .:sad:

The only time we'll be shown is if we are in the play offs, with kick offs on ridiculous days and times with no regard for genuine supporters who might want to actually attend the matches. As long as the armchair fans are ok...................

I don't give a stuff about Sky but would love to have a few people skyping the game back live to The Far Post at Roots Hall so I could "watch" it live there.

I know, the goal shown on the football league show was a lot closer and clearer so I don't know why that wasn't used for our clubs highlights? :unsure:

The only time we'll be shown is if we are in the play offs, with kick offs on ridiculous days and times with no regard for genuine supporters who might want to actually attend the matches. As long as the armchair fans are ok...................

As far as sky are concerned they are the most important and the future ....... All though of course we do have our own sofa fan,

Back