• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why sign new players and not play them?

Cant understand why bond is not starting ethen or ndukwu today! We have been crying out for a new midfielder and we get one from man utd lol and hes on the bench!! Cant believe hes playing macca instead! The guy has one good game in five!! We now have better options and absolutely baffles me with bonds selection! Hopfully im wrong and we can get a decent result

I have two reasons why for you, Liam and Ridgewell.

Personally I think it's the right decision sticking with the same side and the signings bring competition.

I have two reasons why for you, Liam and Ridgewell.

Personally I think it's the right decision sticking with the same side and the signings bring competition.

It's frustrating tho when players like Layton and Ethan are signed and not used. They are both very well thought of at their respective parent clubs and are an upgrade on what we have in those positions. Competition or not, they are better and should be playing

It's frustrating tho when players like Layton and Ethan are signed and not used. They are both very well thought of at their respective parent clubs and are an upgrade on what we have in those positions. Competition or not, they are better and should be playing

how do you know they are better?

I think the main reason is to not **** off the current players. You have to let them know that they have competition, but give them a chance to see off that competition. If they don’t take that chance, they can’t complain.

Layton looks quality from what I've seen and I've heard all good things about Ethan

If they’re as good as you think then they’ll work their way into the side in time. After earning their chance, as they should.

Layton looks quality from what I've seen and I've heard all good things about Ethan

It’s another one of those things where we don’t quite know what happens on the training pitch. Layton is well-regraded at Leicester but still a little raw in terms of men’s football and perhaps he is being given time to bed-in to what Bond wants the team to do.

Hamilton joined us yesterday. I can understand why he’s not starting.

I think it’s only fair that he keep faith with the team that got us our first win of the season.

Bond will probably want to keep it tight for the first 60 then impact the game with the subs - lets hope we’re not 3 nil down by that stage !

I don't disagree but that is not the same as saying they are better and should start.

I am not a great fan of Mantom but at least he is fairly solid. I would rather start with him with a view to Ethan coming on later for him or Hutchinson.

Hutchinson was part of a team that won midweek and I would rather we persist with our own young player than a loanee who has just joined us. If Ethan goes on to prove himself then fair enough

They need time to bed in and get used to the others - who would you have them replace out of a team that won during the week?

I think the main reason is to not **** off the current players. You have to let them know that they have competition, but give them a chance to see off that competition. If they don’t take that chance, they can’t complain.
I think that's been answered in 45 mins today.

The thread was created before KO. People just say anything. Some people think it’s a computer game. Lincoln are decent.

I actually saw two fans on the Facebook page discussing Hamilton and why he should start based on his FIFA rating!!!!! I **** you not!!!

Back