• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why Was Darryl Ever Released?!

I may be well behind times, but when Steve Wignall took charge he realeased a certain Darryl Flahavan. I heard the rumour of his release was becasue he was arrested for indeccent exposure infront of a police officer. Is this true???
blues.gif

I think it was more to do with Flavs refusing to sign a new contract because he had interest from bigger clubs.

That didn't transpire, strangely enough, so he was signed up again when Emberson turned in some terrible performances and certain 'supporters' shamefully destroyed any self-belief Embo might have had left.

rock.gif

The incident with darryl $%&*ing up some ones front garden wall is true but the reason emberson was signed is because he is married to wignalls sister.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tweedy @ May 31 2005,17:35)]The incident with darryl $%&*ing up some ones front garden wall is true but the reason emberson was signed is because he is married to wignalls sister.
RUMOUR I heard was Embo was married to Wignal's daughter. I have no idea how much truth there was in it.

oh it must have been his daughter, I had the pleasure of sitting next to her at a pree season friendly, she looked well young and was a very attractive bird, she got annoyed when me and a few mates were discussing the $%&* game he was having, to be fair he was $%&* and she probably knew it.

I thought Flahavan was released because, as he again demonstrated on Saturday, he was/is a liability at crosses?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 31 2005,17:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tweedy @ May 31 2005,17:35)]The incident with darryl $%&*ing up some ones front garden wall is true but the reason emberson was signed is because he is married to wignalls sister.
RUMOUR I heard was Embo was married to Wignal's daughter. I have no idea how much truth there was in it.
There was no truth in either.

I seem to recall Flahavan went through a lot of stalling and stalling until both parties reached a stalemate and Darryl thought he had bigger fish to fry. I also seem to remember that Stewart Robson didn't rate Darryl and had a lot to say in who was released at the end of 02/03.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ May 31 2005,19:24)]
[b said:
[b said:
That's what I suspected.

Darryl lost the plot and had a go at the club, when he was having tough times, and thought about chucking it all in, did he not?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ June 03 2005,23:12)]Darryl lost the plot and had a go at the club, when he was having tough times, and thought about chucking it all in, did he not?
First time I've heard this rumour.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ May 31 2005,18:24)]
[b said:
[b said:
Hmmm
I know for an absolute fact one of those "rumours" is 100% true

Not that important....but why is this in 'Ex-Shrimpers'?

Do you all know something I don't? (Napster excepted of course, he always knows something I don't)

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ June 14 2005,17:56)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Hmmm
Indeed. and Embo's minted- he's got a villa in Spain as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ June 14 2005,21:04)]Not that important....but why is this in 'Ex-Shrimpers'?

Do you all know something I don't? (Napster excepted of course, he always knows something I don't)

tounge.gif
Good point

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ June 14 2005,17:56)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Hmmm
I was refering to Embo being married to either Wignall's Sister or Daughter.

As for Darryl doing stuff to someone's wall I have no idea!

Remember it well. The two clueless clowns Wignall and Robson decided Robinson and Emberson were better than Flavs and Gay!

I just heard it was because he didn't get on well with Robson, and goalkeepers are quite easy to replace IMO and prob thought they'd look elsewhere, after all EMberson was coming from a League 1 team (a-la Griemink!!!)

Back