• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why was Moussa substituted today?

KrustyTheKray

President
Thought he was one of the standout players for me today.

Got stuck in and made a very good contribution to the team, couldn't believe it when he got subbed off!

:(

Think it was just to give Grant a run out, couldn't really take Bailey off now could he??

A joke if you ask me. Tilson didn't need to take either Moussa or Bailey off.

Was glad to see the Mousse coming off as he had little impact at the time and Grant i feel is a tidy player with a touch of steel about him,ideal for wrapping the game up.
Well done Tilson!

Moussa did ok, but for me, looked a little inexperienced so I think it was the correct decision to sub him. Not saying he did anything wrong, just didn't really do enough and will need to become a bit more involved and stamp a bit more authority against Forest. He played some good passes and got in some good positions, it's just more games he needs to improve his level of play. Grant just looks that little bit stronger and aware.

Moussa brilliant long term prospect, maybe more effective going forward & lacks a little in defensive awareness [at the moment].

His stamina/strengthening up may need building upon ?

In 2nd half we dropped deeper in defending lead [normal tactics] in difficult gusting windy conditions - fresh legs and a bit of steel were added [rightfully IMO] by T & B at a time when Luton were going for it [gambling].

Grant is a battler and very strong. His introduction was helpful to the defending of the lead. The tactics have served us and T & B well for years so why change ?

Just need to offer a real threat of pace counter-attack, when defending a lead in seeking the killer 2nd goal.

We were different class in the 1st half and mullered them.

Their keeper made 4/5 superb saves, looked like he could walk on water & might be unbeatable & Flavs had I recall only one dipping low cross to deal with - such was our dominance.

Do we appreciate a superb 2nd half defensive display ?

Job very well done the Defensive unit - but a good all round team performance, without Macca & Maher.

Clean sheets enable games to be won with a single goal & no team can dominate 90 mins.

Gower was back to his best. New contract soon ?

Up The Blues & bring on Robin Hoods Merry Men on Tuesday.

Moussa brilliant long term prospect, maybe more effective going forward & lacks a little in defensive awareness [at the moment].

His stamina/strengthening up may need building upon ?

In 2nd half we dropped deeper in defending lead [normal tactics] in difficult gusting windy conditions - fresh legs and a bit of steel were added [rightfully IMO] by T & B at a time when Luton were going for it [gambling].

Grant is a battler and very strong. His introduction was helpful to the defending of the lead. The tactics have served us and T & B well for years so why change ?

Just need to offer a real threat of pace counter-attack, when defending a lead in seeking the killer 2nd goal.

We were different class in the 1st half and mullered them.

Their keeper made 4/5 superb saves, looked like he could walk on water & might be unbeatable & Flavs had I recall only one dipping low cross to deal with - such was our dominance.

Do we appreciate a superb 2nd half defensive display ?

Job very well done the Defensive unit - but a good all round team performance, without Macca & Maher.

Clean sheets enable games to be won with a single goal & no team can dominate 90 mins.

Gower was back to his best. New contract soon ?

Up The Blues & bring on Robin Hoods Merry Men on Tuesday.

Very well put, I also agree that Mooooose played well but it was the right time to change things

The substitution was not to give Grant a "run out", it was because Moussa felt a tweak in his leg. Gower then alerted the bench and said Moose is struggling, which meant Grant came on straight away without any warm up.

Moussa did ok, but for me, looked a little inexperienced so I think it was the correct decision to sub him. Not saying he did anything wrong, just didn't really do enough and will need to become a bit more involved and stamp a bit more authority against Forest. He played some good passes and got in some good positions, it's just more games he needs to improve his level of play. Grant just looks that little bit stronger and aware.

Moussa faded in the second half, and there were massive gaps in the midfield. Bailey was playing alot deeper without Macca and that showed as Luton kept on picking up the loose balls in the second half.. Grant didnt really get time to make a difference before headbutting Black but I would have made the same substitution at that moment and was calling for it. The fact he may have had a tweak may also have made an impact on the decision

Moussa started off well & had good 1st half but timing of change was right or maybe it should of happened 10 mins prior,Grant looks a good player with a touch of arrogance about him & would be nice if we could get him signed up.

The substitution was not to give Grant a "run out", it was because Moussa felt a tweak in his leg. Gower then alerted the bench and said Moose is struggling, which meant Grant came on straight away without any warm up.

LOL. I think TTK is fast becoming the Daily Mail of Shrimperzone.

I though Moose was fading as the second half went on and the change was the right one.

Hope Grant is fit for Tuesday or else we'll be light in midfield as well as up front.

We had 16 players before kick-off on Saturday and another important game 75 hours or so after the final whistle ... does that answer your original question or am i being flippant agian !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back