• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southendblue

Don't know why or when but ive just heard from a very reliable source that Tommy Widdrington has parted company with us.

Last edited:
Hmmmm. Obviously unsubstantiated but IF true, could this spell the demise of the current management team? Fingers crossed.....

Perhaps one of our travelling gang can tell us if he is on the touch-line tonight ?

Didn't travel with team on the coach this afternoon. Let's hope Sturrock's next out the door, along with the majority of crap he bought with him.

Didn't travel with team on the coach this afternoon. Let's hope Sturrock's next out the door, along with the majority of crap he bought with him.

Roberto Mancini didn't train with Manchester City this morning but Carlos Tevez did but Mancini isn't walking out of the door.

I think this rumour has stemmed from the fact he was not on the team coach. That said with us trying to save pennies right, left and centre, I can't say this would surprise me. After all, Martin has a habit of firing the assistant first!

Roberto Mancini didn't train with Manchester City this morning but Carlos Tevez did but Mancini isn't walking out of the door.

I think this rumour has stemmed from the fact he was not on the team coach. That said with us trying to save pennies right, left and centre, I can't say this would surprise me. After all, Martin has a habit of firing the assistant first!

Hasn't stemmed from the fact he was not on the team coach. Maybe one of Ron Martins famous statements will confirm this, however i doubt it. Expect to see 'CLUB STATEMENT' on the OS very soon....

I just want to know when they are going to make the film of our last seven years.................perhaps they just haven't worked out the ending yet. If true, I can't say that I'm surprised (perhaps he's been creating negative vibes in the squad?)..............there again, I don't think anything surprises me anymore about Southend United Football Club.

A real shame if true, dont forget its Martins fault for all of this not PS or TW.
If he has gone all the best as your best out of it.

sturrock will leave after xmas then the players will ie grant to lincolin he will join barrett has well

can't say i'm at all fussed!

Didn't particuarly like the bloke as got the impression he is just a big mouth, punched Gary Hill and stopped me and my son from watching training. Who did he think we were Barcelona? However once again if true it is another nail in the coffin as whose next, cheaprate Rickey Duncan? Ron Martin is basically to blame for all of this and should have been outed 18 months ago as it gets worse by the week, p.s will we have a shot on goal tonight?

The more I see of Widdrington's bonkers-like touchline antics, the more he reminds me of Martin Allen, which is not a compliment, and he doesn't come across as having Tilly's player-management skills either. That said, he has good non-league contacts, which is a plus in our predicament, so maybe he would be a loss.

Mind you, "reliable and "source" are two words that haven't had much potency regarding rumours in Szone history...

Back