• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First is a horrid deflection.

Red card looks like one leg may have slipped, either way it's a clear red.

Second is lazy trying to play him offside rather than run with him, clearly in his own half when the ball is played. That's after a woeful pass into the middle.

Third looks like everyone had given up.

First was very unfortunate, 2nd and 3rd were painful to watch, we just seemed to roll over... McG getting the red was just down to stupidity, but their player also lunged in with both feet too!

Defence is looking weak, and creating chances let alone scoring goals is eluding us.. Can't say I'm looking forward to Tuesday now :sad:

First was very unfortunate, 2nd and 3rd were painful to watch, we just seemed to roll over... McG getting the red was just down to stupidity, but their player also lunged in with both feet too!

Defence is looking weak, and creating chances let alone scoring goals is eluding us.. Can't say I'm looking forward to Tuesday now :sad:
Yeah, I thought the red was maybe a touch unlucky.

Hoping Turner might be available Tuesday, and please let's start with a proper left back.

Blatant red IMO you just cant dive in like that nowadays, awful defending for all 3 goals really although the deflection was unlucky Lenny headed the ball straight to their player.

It was the most blatant red card I've seen live for a while. He jumped in two footed.

Attitude on third goal looked like a team who will be involved in a relegation battle soon.

Seriously need to find some positivity from somewhere very soon!

Attitude on third goal looked like a team who will be involved in a relegation battle soon.

Seriously need to find some positivity from somewhere very soon!

Wordsworth had a serious strop on and then while the ball from Macca wasn't perfect, his halfarsed attempt to control it and lack of effort to track back just wasn't acceptable. I thought Wordsworth wasn't really switched on all game, and also Macca wasn't really putting in much effort when he came on.

Also just a comment about Wright given it was my first time seeing him. I thought he showed a good touch and can read the game well, but didn't show anything more than that.

You know Phil will blame the ref though. If not he'll pick a scapegoat from the 11. He's a master at deflecting any blame from himself. I'm going to say it - Brown out!

Not sure if you are referring to the red card decision or the match in general?

Either way, he didn't blame the referee. Andy T posted a link to Phil's post match interview earlier on the Match report & Ratings Thread. Post #47.

Not sure if you are referring to the red card decision or the match in general?

Either way, he didn't blame the referee. Andy T posted a link to Phil's post match interview earlier on the Match report & Ratings Thread. Post #47.

Fair enough mate, I've not heard his interview, I was making an assumption on past form. I'll listen to the interview and make a comment tomorrow. I'm happy to hold my hands up if I've got it wrong.

Okay, I've read Phil's post match interview now, for once he hasn't played the blame game, credit where it's due.

Back