• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Sometimes it can be therapeutic to look ahead rather than to look back. With that in mind, next Saturday the team is off to Lancashire and a visit to Wigan Athletic who sit in second place in FL1. Piece of cake, we're going to rip them up.

I'm not going to bother with a team selection just yet as there are a few injury issues to know about , oh, and Anton won't be available in case you hadn't heard. So we go again and of course we'll all be wondering what the fuss was about at Donny won't we?

I've posted this pre-match thread early by the way as the current Donny post match thread is depressing the **** out of me.

Well, we won there the only time I've been, so I thought I'd drop that lucky omen in! :thumbsup:

Wigan 8 Southend 0

-------------------Oxley------------------
Demetriou......Matsuzaka...White.....Hendrie
Wright----Leonard----Wordsworth--Timlin
------------Fortune--Cox-----------------

Ranger, Mclaughlin , Ba, Bridge , Mcglashan , Bishop , Elvis

I'm going to hedge a bet for a 1-1 with Wigan getting a late equaliser.

However I have just been relegated from the prediction league :hilarious:

2-2 I'm going for. Been looking forward to this one (it's my birthday this week as well).

We are as likely to win 4-2 as lose 4-2 ... thats the beauty of this club, never know what we will get ....

We are as likely to win 4-2 as lose 4-2 ... thats the beauty of this club, never know what we will get ....

Wigan are 55/1 against a 4-2 win, we are 250/1.

By the way Danburyshrimper you can make a killing on your 8-0 at 500/1.

With the lack of defensive options and the leaky defense can only see a drubbing ......think this is going to be a very fraught season , up and down and the sooner we get to 52 points the better ....dont want any last game must win scenarios thank you very much .....

Looks like we will have Lenny and White in the back four. Hendrie back with Timlin in midfield

The good news is that we have NOT lost to a team from Lancashire this season:

Record against Lancashire Teams is:

P 4 W 3 D 1 L 0 F 8 A 4

Not so good against Yorkshire teams:

P 2 W 0 D 0 L 2 F 1 A 9

Think tongue in cheek. On a good day we will loose 2-0 , on a bad day loose 5-0. A win or draw unthinkable on present form !!:winking:

I suspect Turner has been pulled from the U23 game because he will be needed on Saturday- its been confirmed its not injury related. In which case it will be Turner and White at CB- not a bad pairing and some height at last at the back..

Oxley,
Demetriou, White, Turner, Timlin,
Wright, Leonard, Wordsworth, McLaughlin,
Cox, Ranger

Turner to come off injured. 3-0 defeat.

Oxley.
Demi. Turner. White. Hendrie
Timlin
wright. Wordsworth Lenny McLaughlin
Ranger

keep it level for as long as possible take 0-0 Al day long!!

Wigan 3 - Southend 1 (2-0 half time, & Wright with our one, from the penalty spot.)

Oxley
Demi, Lenny, White, Hendrie
Wright, Timlin, Wordsworth, McLaughlin
Cox, Ranger

Turner and Matsuzaka on the bench for use if Brown considers it appropriate.

Back