• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As Shrimpers fans we have been very quiet when it comes to linking PB with managerial vacancies. At one time he was linked with nearly every job that came up, but now, even though there have been many departures, it is a subject not given any time to. I see the latest vacancy, Wigan, as the most tempting to PB. We have had a few weeks of the ups of being a shrimper and we are due to be brought down to earth. Is this the fall looming?

There are too many bigger names currently looking for jobs. Warnock, Appleton, Coyle, Pearce. Two of those will go to Wigan and Sheff Wed IMO.

Winning games will obviously get you noticed, but doubt he will have built his reputation up much in the few months he had done well here.

If you are worried though, you could always stick a £5 on at 66/1 to ease the pain ...

i think Southend appeals as it's close to London and he can do a lot more TV/radio work...plus he needs to stay in the sunniest place in England to keep the tan up:smile:

Tis the season for sackings:

25 November: Guy Whittingham (Portsmouth)

27 November: Richie Barker (Crawley)

28 November: Sean O'Driscoll (Bristol City)

30 November: David Flitcroft (Barnsley)

1 December: Martin Jol (Fulham)

1 December: Dave Jones (Sheffield Wednesday)

2 December: Owen Coyle (Wigan)

Barnsley is up north as well...

There are too many bigger names currently looking for jobs. Warnock, Appleton, Coyle, Pearce. Two of those will go to Wigan and Sheff Wed IMO.

Can't see Coyle being invited back to Wigan though!!

More importantly....Will the new manager want to recall Kiernan and give him a crack or will he allow us to extend his loan period till end of season. Been an important player since he came in.

Rumoured to have been seen at Hillsborough this morning. Would be a bold choice seeing as he's a United fan.
He was on Talksport this morning in London, so unless he flew by Concord then that rumour is false..

Just looked back at the post I saw, it was last night (allegedly).
Ahh fair enough. I dont know how that would go down with the Wednesday fans but they probably wouldn't say no to Warnock, as he has the credentials to get them out of the rut they're in. I think Warnock may prefer a bigger challenge though and he's got a pretty good deal going on with the media at the moment. Same with PB - he can carry on doing his media work while being the Blues boss, I don't think he will leave unless he got an offer from a big club - he knows better than anyone how you can quickly go from being flavour of the month, to collecting your P45 the next.

Rumoured to have been seen at Hillsborough this morning. Would be a bold choice seeing as he's a United fan.

It happens though.
George Graham played for and managed Arsenal and then went on to Spurs.
Think they may have even won something while he was there ?? , so as long as a Manager is successful , fans will move on.

He was on Talksport this morning in London, so unless he flew by Concord then that rumour is false..

Blimey - Are Concord looking for a new boss as well? - that list need updating.
Can't see Warnock joining Concord tbh.

Talking about managers, has anyone thought of this scenario. Torquay United sack Alan Knill this weekend and appoint a certain Paul Sturrock in time for their game on the 14th of December..............

Talking about managers, has anyone thought of this scenario. Torquay United sack Alan Knill this weekend and appoint a certain Paul Sturrock in time for their game on the 14th of December..............

A legend of their local rivals taking over, I'm sure the fans would love that :winking:

Back