• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Flavs 6 nothing too much to do but kicking went unusually wayward.
Che 6 o.k. but looking a bit vulnerable at times.
Eagle 8 put in another solid performance, good to now the 2 oldies are fit and dependable.
Hunt 6 His control worries me at times but adequate most of the time, slightly prefer Jupp.
Barratt 7 Looking a bit dodgy at times but still as dependable in the main and chipped in with a goal.
Gutts 8 got stuck in and sprayed the ball about well, still rather see Smithy given a chance, but can't argue with his form
Elvis J Eel 8 Delivery of free kicks and corners much improved and controlled midfield.
Cole 5 didn't get in game and very lightweight
Gower 4 Still not going round people and is never gonna get stuck in, when he plays like this whip him off!
The Goat 6 never really got in to the game but could strie at any time
Lawson 6 ran around a lot but a bit like above, never really got in to it.

Huh??
rock.gif
rock.gif
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Sep. 11 2005,15:02)]Flavs 6 nothing too much to do but kicking went unusually wayward.
Well Well Well, i never thought i would see the day when you had a pop at Flavs
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Sep. 11 2005,15:02)]Gower 4 Still not going round people and is never gonna get stuck in, when he plays like this whip him off!
Bit hard on him.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Sep. 11 2005,15:02)]Flavs 6 nothing too much to do but kicking went unusually wayward.
Che 6 o.k. but looking a bit vulnerable at times.
Eagle 8 put in another solid performance, good to now the 2 oldies are fit and dependable.
Hunt 6 His control worries me at times but adequate most of the time, slightly prefer Jupp.
Barratt 7 Looking a bit dodgy at times but still as dependable in the main and chipped in with a goal.
Gutts 8 got stuck in and sprayed the ball about well, still rather see Smithy given a chance, but can't argue with his form
Elvis J Eel 8 Delivery of free kicks and corners much improved and controlled midfield.
Cole 5 didn't get in game and very lightweight
Gower 4 Still not going round people and is never gonna get stuck in, when he plays like this whip him off!
The Goat 6 never really got in to the game but could strie at any time
Lawson 6 ran around a lot but a bit like above, never really got in to it.
Absolutely spot on with Flavs, Che, Eagle, Gutts, Maher and Lawson.

However I'm not sure about your other ratings. Hunt looked a class act once more. The contrast between him and Wilson couldn't be more striking. Hunt looks so much more secure in defence when people are running at him, his positioning is far better (and he not only covers his own position, but he also covers the right sided centre-half when they slip up) and his distribution is way better than Che's. Yet you give them the same mark.

I agree the wingers were lightweight and not at their best, but they still provided at least as much attacking threat as Lawson and Goater who you give both 6s. I thought our worse player by some distance was Goater who repeatedly failed to hold onto possession (I wasn't sure if he was miscontrolling it or trying to be too clever when laying it off - whatever it was didn't work) and showed little inclination to win it back.
He nearly redeemed himself with a sublime turn but having done the hard part shot tamely wide. I think Goater has a lot to offer us this season, but I think predominantly as a substitute. My overriding impression was that one striker was too old and the other too young.

Back