• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WIGGY'S RATINGS,

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Chesterfield! Why have we reverted to hoof ball with the worst headerers of a ball in the division.
Flavs 6 nothing to do except watch the sh!t in front of him.
Che 6 done o.k
Hunt 5 got out of position and poor distribution is not quiet what we are looking for.
Barrett 7 sponsors m.o.m and solid enough.
Prior 3 can't head a ball, slow and looks very shaky at times, what did Eagle do wrong, a Tilson error!
Maher 2 worst distribution and pathetic looping crossing i have ever seen from him, show us what your made of Tilly your captain is poorly out of form.
Smith 5 not the Smithy i know but still better than Elvis.
Gower 7 good first half looked a different player to recently.
J C R 7 One of the only lively ones out there but will he ever know when to release it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Dec. 06 2005,23:29)]Chesterfield! Why have we reverted to hoof ball with the worst headerers of a ball in the division.
Flavs 6 nothing to do except watch the sh!t in front of him.
Che 6 done o.k
Hunt 5 got out of position and poor distribution is not quiet what we are looking for.
Barrett 7 sponsors m.o.m and solid enough.
Prior 3 can't head a ball, slow and looks very shaky at times, what did Eagle do wrong, a Tilson error!
Maher 2 worst distribution and pathetic looping crossing i have ever seen from him, show us what your made of Tilly your captain is poorly out of form.
Smith 5 not the Smithy i know but still better than Elvis.
Gower 7 good first half looked a different player to recently.
J C R 7  One of the only lively ones out there but will he ever know when to release it?
[continued]
The Goat 5 poor shadow of his first few games
Eastwood 6 to be fair the service he gets Rooney would struggle
Lawson 7 At least he wants to go forward with skill and movement.
Gray 6 What chance has he got with a midfield like this.
Bents 6 came on and at least looked up for a fight.

Sadly this performance took me back a couple of years to a boring drab league 2 encounter!

I think we have to give a little credit to Chesterfield for stopping us playing.

Maher was miles better than Saturday and I made Hunt MOM. What did he do wrong? When was he out of position? He made several excellent defensive headers and clearances.

First half he was pushing up and they were just looping balls over him leaving the pacy Spinner to clear up!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Dec. 06 2005,23:42)]I think we have to give a little credit to Chesterfield for stopping us playing.

Maher was miles better than Saturday and I made Hunt MOM.  What did he do wrong?   When was he out of position?  He made several excellent defensive headers and clearances.
Maher was a little better tonight and I thought Hunt had a fair game but other than that I make Wiggy about right.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Dec. 06 2005,23:29)]Prior 3 can't head a ball
ROFL.

If Prior can't head a ball, what do you reckon about the rest of the team?

flavs-6
hunt-5
barret-7
prior-3
maher-2
smith-5

our defence must have been shocking ! but hang on "flavs had nothing to do" and we kept a clean sheet. were our defenders marked for their forward play or their defensife duties
rock.gif

You liken us to Lincoln, but the game I saw last night we were still looking to switch play wide when the option was on, and, or the long balls played, 90% were actually attempted balls for players to run on to, something for which you extol the virtues of Smith for being able to do....rather then lumps upfront in an attempt to win knock-downs.

I was roughly in line with the Chesterfield back line in the second half and Eastwood and Gray were constantly looking for balls in the space behind the defenders and on a few occasions these very nearly paid off. It was the midfielders playing these through balls, having recieved the ball to feet from the defenders,

I dont see why there should be too much doom and gloom....it seemed like we played OK last night, confidence and luck is just not with us at the moment

I think we played football, spreading it wide etc for a while, but in the end we did resort to long hoof ball tactics. I don't mind mixing it up but in the last 10-15 minutes we were very predicitable.

Prior had a shocker! Why was he brought in for Edwards who has been our most consistent player of the season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Dec. 07 2005,06:41)]flavs-6
hunt-5
barret-7
prior-3
maher-2
smith-5

our defence must have been shocking ! but hang on "flavs had nothing to do" and we kept a clean sheet. were our defenders marked for their forward play or their defensife duties
rock.gif
Or more to the point Chesterfield's attack was shocking and playing that way against any other team in this Division and we would be looking at another defeat.

Things do need to be done, I am not sure why we are not being as inventive or exciting as we were the first 3 months of the season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Dec. 07 2005,10:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Dec. 07 2005,06:41)]flavs-6
hunt-5
barret-7
prior-3
maher-2
smith-5

rock.gif
Or more to the point Chesterfield's attack was shocking and playing that way against any other team in this Division and we would be looking at another defeat.

Things do need to be done, I am not sure why we are not being as inventive or exciting as we were the first 3 months of the season.
I would have thought this was obvious. For me, our recent slump is primarily down to teams actually taking us seriously. At the beginning of the season, I genuinely believe that opposing teams attempted to play to their own strengths and largely ignored ours. They were prepared to attack us and this led to some very open games - think Oldham and Tranmere in particular - which suited us down to the ground as it gave our more creative players room to play in. For example, the amount of times Mitch Cole and Mark Gower were left one-on-one with the opposition full-backs was frightening. Likewise, Kevin Maher seemed to have plenty of time on the ball to dictate matches. Couple those facts with various "We should be beating teams like Southend" comments from various opposition managers.

Now, however, teams are beginning to realise that they have to stop us playing first before they can beat us. In recent weeks they have pressed Maher much harder when he has the ball, they've doubled up on our wingers and have largely marked Freddy out of the game. In fact, watching last night's game was like a flashback to League 2 - an opposition team putting 10 men behind the ball, indulging in subtle time-wasting tactics and being blatantly happy to play for a draw. We're going to have to get used to this from now on and try to find new methods to break teams down.

credit to field , they dug in and fustrated us
heres my ratings

Flavs 7= done nothing wrong or shaky

Che =6/7 looked solid enough

barret=7/8 motm

prior 4/5= poor , lacked confidence , bring back eagle

hunty 6/7= looked solid enough

smith=6 quiet game

maher 6/7 = passed a few good balls still no where near his best but much better

jcr= 6 , lively with no end product , whats the point in having a winger who dont cross ?

Gower 7/8= been mutch better in recent games , least he put some good balls in and gave his all for 45 mins

Eastwood=7 looked ok but had poor service

goat =6 looked ok for 10 minutes but then seemed to die

Lawson=7 tried but all in vain

Gray 7 - same as james lawson

bents = 7

my overall view we need to stick with a partneship like gray eastwood and use james spearingly because at the moment goater needs rest , we need gutts asap then im sure maher will become better and gower and cole to start on wing !

Back