• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wiggy's and Other's Ratings!

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Flavs 6 nothing to do, penalised for time wasting
Mulgrew 7 better today, think eventually will be decent
Clarke 6 done ok in awkward conditions
Barrett 6 same as above
Francis 8 gets better and better, class act on the ball
Moose 6 couple of good lay offs but knowhere near strong enough
Bailey 9 quality, has gone clear in poty vote
Gower 7 awful first half corners then came alive 2nd half
Black 6 quiet game, convinced he's not a winger
Kanu 4 to be fair chucked in at the last minute but not as useful as Matt Harrold, enough said
Walker 9 great find, got everything, pace, skill, movement, just needs a decent partner
Grant 7 not on long but his attitude and strength showed why he should be in front of Moose Tuesday
Scannell 6 ran into a blind alley on one decent run, not on long though

Ref 8, another good one that kept it flowing

think kanu is pony but mayb will get better with time aint really had much of a chance

icon1.gif
Magnum Ratings
Flahavan - 7 (Did enough and rarely tested but handled some difficult low shots and crosses)
Mulgrew - 6 (Better coming forward than defending but some shoddy passing at times)
Francis - 8 (Getting better each game)
Barrett - 7 (More solid defensive display)
Clarke - 6 (Average game. Bad slip almost cost us)
Gower - 7 (Poor crossing from set pieces again, but lively at times)
Bailey - 9 (Thank god we had him today !)
Moussa - 7 (Excellent first half - non-existent in the second)
Black - 6 (Never really got going, but put some decent balls in)
Walker - 7 (Worked tirelessly and deserved the goal)
Kanu - 4 (Debut to forget - looked poor)

Old Blue Ladies rating's.

I think you're rather harsh in some of your assessments there, fwiw this is how I saw it:

Flavs - 7, confident but what a silly free kick to give away
Francis - 8.5 , composed, hardly put a foot wrong, my MOM
Clarkey - 8, another great performance, he's here he's there etc
Barrett - 7, much better
Mulgrew - 7.5, some lovely touches (is that right? I'm halfway down a bottle of very nice sparkling red and I'm a bit unsure about that word), growing in confidence each time I see him
Black - 7.5, never stopped running, some good work
Moussa - 6.5, a little quiet and lacked confidence
Bailey - 7.5, good but missed Macca, didn't stamp his authority enough for me
Gower - 7.5, a good game, lovely runs and good passing
Walker - 7, not at his best, definitely missed Barney
Robson-Kanu - 6, looked lazy
Subs:
Scannell - 7, looked good when he came on, loads of running
Grant - 6, ineffective really, but not much chance
Hunt - not worth a score, only came on at end because of Grant's injury.

Scannell.....a 6/7 just for that tackle in our pen box where their bloke was about to shoot.....great chasing back....

Kanu was poor.....

Bailey was easily the pick of the team...

And someone get Darryl a book on how to count to 6....its not difficult....

Flavs - 5 - Flapped at a couple of crosses. Gave Luton their best chance of an equaliser.

Francis - 7 - Lots of wayward passing but shows class at times. Produced best skill of the match to turn and beat two players and whip in a perfect cross.

Clarke - 5 - Can barely remember him making one successful pass. Little or no defending to do but still managed an almighty blunder that Scannell dug him out of.

Barrett - 7 - Much better. Had Furlong in his pocket and won a lot more in the air.

Mulgrew - 6 - His passing lets him down. Does some good stuff though.

Gower - 7 - Not at his best but doesn't have to be. Was at the heart of most of our best moves.

Bailey - 7 - Not on top of his game today but still excellent.

Moussa - 6 - A capable stand in. Nothing more yet.

Black - 6 - Ok. Failed to beat his man most of the time. Barely touched it when he went up front. (Also managed to knock out one of his own fans and one of his own players on the same day).

Kanu - 5 - Inexperience showed too often. I thought his first touch was often good and he won a surprising amount in the air. But didn't know what to do with it once he had the ball.

Walker - 8 - Exciting. Would like to see him shoot more but looks strong, quick and skillful. Luton couldn't cope with him - particularly first half.

SUBS:

Grant - 6 - Not on long enough to judge.
Scannell - 6 - Disappointing when in good positions to attack but some superb back-tracking and tackling.
Hunt - N/A

Flavs 7 penalised for time wasting but got clean sheet
Mulgrew 7.5
Clarke 7.5
Barrett 7
Francis 8 class act on the ball, man of match
Moose 7.5
Bailey 8 played great again
Gower 7
Black 7
Kanu 7
Walker 8 got a goal
Subs
Grant 7
Scannell 7.5 a great tackle near the end
Hunt 6 came on for Grant in last few seconds

Flavs - 5 - Flapped at a couple of crosses. Gave Luton their best chance of an equaliser.

Francis - 7 - Lots of wayward passing but shows class at times. Produced best skill of the match to turn and beat two players and whip in a perfect cross.

Clarke - 5 - Can barely remember him making one successful pass. Little or no defending to do but still managed an almighty blunder that Scannell dug him out of.

Barrett - 7 - Much better. Had Furlong in his pocket and won a lot more in the air.

Mulgrew - 6 - His passing lets him down. Does some good stuff though.

Gower - 7 - Not at his best but doesn't have to be. Was at the heart of most of our best moves.

Bailey - 7 - Not on top of his game today but still excellent.

Moussa - 6 - A capable stand in. Nothing more yet.

Black - 6 - Ok. Failed to beat his man most of the time. Barely touched it when he went up front. (Also managed to knock out one of his own fans and one of his own players on the same day).

Kanu - 5 - Inexperience showed too often. I thought his first touch was often good and he won a surprising amount in the air. But didn't know what to do with it once he had the ball.

Walker - 8 - Exciting. Would like to see him shoot more but looks strong, quick and skillful. Luton couldn't cope with him - particularly first half.

SUBS:

Grant - 6 - Not on long enough to judge.
Scannell - 6 - Disappointing when in good positions to attack but some superb back-tracking and tackling.
Hunt - N/A

Thought mark and comments on Moussa a bit harsh. Great ball to Gower for first goal.

Moussa started well enough, wasnt overly impressed but a decent game for a youngster.

Thought Bailey was actually not at his best today, was sloppy at times but a superb pass to Black in the second half and a goal attoned for it.

Not a very good game, I don't think the weather helped, but Hey we are in the play off spots ... I would settle for that come the end of the season..Let's just beat Forest now on Tuesday...:clap:

Not a very good game, I don't think the weather helped, but Hey we are in the play off spots ... I would settle for that come the end of the season..Let's just beat Forest now on Tuesday...:clap:

Charlie even commented that you had not worn your pale blue jumper before.....is it a new lucky omen?

Some joker sent a text to BBC Essex after the game I can't remember the exact words but it went something like this:-

"what a bad game today, this is what we have got to look forward to at Fossets Farm 14,000 empty seats in a ground we don't want, the sooner Ron Martin leaves us the better"

Someone called Mike sent that in, surely a wind-up, BBC Essex read anything out these days.

Last edited:
Some joker sent a text to BBC Essex after the game I can't remember the exact words but it went something like this:-

"what a bad game today, this is what we have got to look forward to at Fossets Farm 14,000 empty seats in a ground we don't wan't, the sooner Ron Martin leaves us the better"

Someone called Mike sent that in, surely a wind-up, BBC Essex read anything out these days.

was his surname hunt?

Back