• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Collis 4 Completely refuses to come for anything, lucky his defenders get him out of it
Hunt 6 got away with a couple of mistakes, done ok but prefer Francis
Hammel 6 deliveries not up to the usual standard but coped ok
Clarke 8 usual rock like performance kept Collis out of trouble
Barrett 7 strong as ever, couple of small errors
Maher 8 much more like it, excellent first half and two great assists
Macca 8 well and truly up for it and 2 goals to boot
Gower 8 back on form and makes us tick when up for it
Bailey 7 commited as ever
Morgan 7 good to see an exiting fast link up player for Leon, just needs to brush up on his finishing
Leon 8 good to see him back, everything Harrold isn't, strong, skillful, aware and scores

Excellent commited performance, especially the first half. Get Francis and Flavs back in and we will be in the mix end of season!

All believable apart from Collis, Wiggy. I (like you maybe? :p) was not at the game but your track record suggests you wouldn't praise Collis if he had an absolute blinder of a game!

So when Flavs is back in the team and not coming for anything will you bang on about that? Methinks not.

Collis made 2 cracking saves tonight. Didn't have to do a lot else.

Gower was saved by his goal really because he was having a shocker until then and was to blame for their goal with his hospital ball to Hammell.

Collis came charging out for a cross in the first half and claimed it well. he might have come out more were it not for Clarke being determined to try and head everything that came near the box. cracking save with his feet early on too.

All believable apart from Collis, Wiggy. I (like you maybe? :p) was not at the game but your track record suggests you wouldn't praise Collis if he had an absolute blinder of a game!

If he looked confident like there keeper did then i would say so, however in my honest opinion he looks worse on crosses and general 6 yard box stuff than, Flavs, Bart and Emberson. Surely those that went tonight couldn't say they were happy with his aerial display, heart in mouth stuff!

So when Flavs is back in the team and not coming for anything will you bang on about that? Methinks not.

Collis made 2 cracking saves tonight. Didn't have to do a lot else.

Gower was saved by his goal really because he was having a shocker until then and was to blame for their goal with his hospital ball to Hammell.

It is well documented that Flavs aint the best in the air and that is why the taller Collis was fancied to do a better job in this department. However he is definately worse at claiming/punching stuff, worse on kicking and shot stopping will never be as good!

If he looked confident like there keeper did then i would say so, however in my honest opinion he looks worse on crosses and general 6 yard box stuff than, Flavs, Bart and Emberson. Surely those that went tonight couldn't say they were happy with his aerial display, heart in mouth stuff!

Fair enough and fair play to you for giving justifying your opinions. I know others will disagree with you and the central charge levelled at Flavs has been his lack of aerial presence. All I'll say is that despite being a Flavs "fan", in the games I have seen Collis has performed very well.

Collis is streets ahead of Darryl now in my books. So much better having a keeper who can claim the ball in the air.....

The only thing I can fault Collis on is his kicking, more than a few occasions his kicks went harmlessly out of play but he hasn't done that much wrong other than that to warrant being replaced.

I prefer Flavs in goal but Collis had a good game tonight. These rants don't help wiggy's case....

I'm curious where you sit Wiggy, cos in the West Stand (block S), it looked like 1st half Collis was coming and claiming everything. Clear shouting was letting Clarke know when he could leave etc...

Like I said in a different thread, things can look different depending where you're sitting.

I agree Collis could improve on his kicking, looked dodgy at times. As for claiming crosses he isnt the best. But with him the opposition dont put the ball so close to him, but with Flavs they seem to target him knowing he will struggle.

Collis actually had a hand in our 1st goal with a great punch from an inswinging corner, from which we broke away down the right.

Wiggy, you are so predictable it's now becoming laughable. In no way was Collis a 4. I personally would have put him at 6.5, no chance with the goal, kicking was a bit dodgy, made a good save when it was still 1-0.

Collis actually had a hand in our 1st goal with a great punch from an inswinging corner, from which we broke away down the right.

Wiggy, you are so predictable it's now becoming laughable. In no way was Collis a 4. I personally would have put him at 6.5, no chance with the goal, kicking was a bit dodgy, made a good save when it was 1-0.

......and so are you. Always popping up on a Collis thread, can't believe that none of you have spotted the widespread panic for every delivery, must be blinded by the fact that he is 6ft 4 with little intention of leaving the safety of the goaline!

But he did leave the safety of his goal-line as I demonstrated in the example above.

If you didn't post such rubbish ratings, I wouldn't need to comment on them would I ? :)

How would you compare him to Melvin Capleton? :p

Back