• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wiggys rating's

Might as well respond to a few comments here although by and large I agree with what wiggy has written

Black 7 better than recent performances

I thought he was wasteful when in good crossing positions and rarely got in at the back post when Gower was crossing. Aranalde did actually play quite well, though.

Carlisle keeper is quality

Yep, he was/is. Reminds me of Robert Green for some reason.

We should cut out all these girly flicks and play properly. Again I felt we were trying to pass the ball into the net. The guy a few rows back from me was shouting shoot (ala Jimmy Saville) for half the game.

I agree to an extent but the flicks were actually getting us in to very good positions, we just couldn't quite find the killer pass or cross in spite of coming very close on several occasions. Personally, I'd happily pay to see that sort of football every week because they had no answer at times.

i thought gower was mainly to blame for the goal

Really?? Not the two central defenders who both seemed to challenge the same man and yet still didn't win the ball. I was almost as far away as I possibly could have been but still thought that was what happened.

Overall, I felt that we played much better football and looked like a much better side. However, Carlisle are now top because they won the game today and have shown that habit in the rest of the season too (okay, so Leeds would actually be top but let's gloss over that).

Did anyone have a better view of the incident in which Bailey got booked? Before anyone responds, I don't want a view from anyone in the South Upper who gave the linesman loads of stick when he gave a throw-in to them by the South-West corner flag. It CLEARLY hit Hooper's heal and he even looked to the heavens briefly to illustrate this!

Ahem - doesn't play on the wing. Fullback's a little less tiring (that's why I play there :) )

Maybe you should read the post properly he was talking about Francis's match fitness and I said Hammell seems to of coped fine!

Did anyone have a better view of the incident in which Bailey got booked? Before anyone responds, I don't want a view from anyone in the South Upper who gave the linesman loads of stick when he gave a throw-in to them by the South-West corner flag. It CLEARLY hit Hooper's heal and he even looked to the heavens briefly to illustrate this!

It DID hit Hooper's heel, but from the South Upper that was very difficult to see. The abuse was because it was merely the latest in a string of contentious decisions from that linesman including not giving a throw-in to us when the ball was more than a foot over the line.

i was dead in line when bailey went down. people around thought it was a deff pen. i had a great view of it and i can honestly say it was a pen, bailey didn't get touched. ref got it right that time.

Maybe you should read the post properly he was talking about Francis's match fitness and I said Hammell seems to of coped fine!

Yes, I know that's what was being said. And if you take the trouble to read my reply properly I was saying that it is not as tiring to play fullback as it to play winger. Hammell may well have coped well but that's nothing to go by when talking about Francis on the wing 1st match back.

Yes, I know that's what was being said. And if you take the trouble to read my reply properly I was saying that it is not as tiring to play fullback as it to play winger. Hammell may well have coped well but that's nothing to go by when talking about Francis on the wing 1st match back.

thats what i was trying to point out - and playing full back isn't as tiring as a winger in the hammell case for example(i too play fullback because its not as much running :D ). Expecting 90mins from francis running up and down the wing might be a bit too much to expect from his 1st match.

don't worry francis can run his heart out and then tilly wil sub him when he's nakerd. but........in the 89th minute :hilarious:

It DID hit Hooper's heel, but from the South Upper that was very difficult to see. The abuse was because it was merely the latest in a string of contentious decisions from that linesman including not giving a throw-in to us when the ball was more than a foot over the line.

I made a rare appearance in the South Upper today and it was plain as day to me. As for the linesman, to be honest, that was a bad decision but that was the only one that stood out.

I spotted it hit his heel but I was the only one in our group of five who did. It was hard to tell from that angle.

From the east stand, thought the defender won the ball cleanly and bailey made the most of it

"Collis had nothing to do but was indecisive".

Eh?

You'l never get a balanced view of Collis from Wiggy so I'd not sweat about it. Personally we've looked much better defensively with him in goal. I think the stats speak for themselves.

Bailey definately dived. That wasn't a penalty. However we should have a had a penalty when P. Clarke was hauled down from a corner.

Would a midfield of:

Francis maher bailey macca

appeal to anyone? Might be worth a shot, altho with francis short of match practice - he'd probably tire quickly playing out on the wing...but worth a shot nonetheless i think

I know our wingers have been less than impressive but I wouldn't really advocate playing a team without one recognised winger.
As someone's pointed out, Francis was crap when he played on the wing last season - which isn't that surprising as he's a full-back...

Just a bit of a shame that Foran's injured as we lack options on the wings at the mo.

Back