• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wiggys rating's

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Collis 5 nothing to do but indecisive and un confident, refuses to leave that line and would swap him for the bloke at the other end tomorrow!
Hammell 7 good corners and nice to see him back
Hunt 6 kept up his good recent form
Barrett 6 usual committed performance
Clarke 8 looking a class act
Macca 7 gets forward and stuck in, no place back for Kev
Bailey 8 all of the above and good with the ball, m.o.m
Gower 4 shadow of his former self, keeps giving the ball away
Black 7 better than recent performances
Hoops 7 excellent link up play and can't believe he got taken off
Clarke 7 works well with Hoops and work rate has improved
Macdonald 6 not on long but don't link up like Hooper
Harrold 5 why don't we farm him out, didn't connect with 1 header from five high ones of which he was favourite for all of them

Ref 1 out of 10, ruined a potentially good game of football, worst this season!

Last edited:
Pretty much agree with all of that apart from the 9 for Bailey. Didnt think he was worthy of a 9, i'd of given him a 7.

That ref was the worst ive ever seen.

Collis 5 nothing to do but indecisive and un confident, refuses to leave that line and would swap him for the bloke at the other end tomorrow!

Carlisle keeper is quality, the free kick save was brilliant & excellent kicking. He done 2 exocet drop kicks straight into our half right into the corner flag which the Carlisle player managed to get on the end of.

As for the Ref :fury:

WHAT!!

How did you give that ref 1......thats far too high he was ****.

An ashtray on a motorbike would be more useful!

I think you are little harsh on Collis. Excellent save in the first half.

Gower werent great I would agree. Marginally better than a 4 tho.

We should cut out all these girly flicks and play properly. Again I felt we were trying to pass the ball into the net. The guy a few rows back from me was shouting shoot (ala Jimmy Saville) for half the game. Also some of the crossing and free kicks were wasted with too many overhit. Only one decent one which got a fantastic save from their keeper.

Not a great game....and certainly made worse by that woeful ref. How he sleeps at night after that performance I dont know. He should have been chucked off the pier.

WHAT!!

How did you give that ref 1......thats far too high he was ****.

An ashtray on a motorbike would be more useful!

I think you are little harsh on Collis. Excellent save in the first half.

Gower werent great I would agree. Marginally better than a 4 tho.

We should cut out all these girly flicks and play properly. Again I felt we were trying to pass the ball into the net. The guy a few rows back from me was shouting shoot (ala Jimmy Saville) for half the game. Also some of the crossing and free kicks were wasted with too many overhit. Only one decent one which got a fantastic save from their keeper.

Not a great game....and certainly made worse by that woeful ref. How he sleeps at night after that performance I dont know. He should have been chucked off the pier.

I am not being harsh on Collis, to be fair it was a good saveable height and he probably is a decent shot stopper but our weakness in the g/k dept was the lack of dominance around the 6 yard box and i honestly think this bloke is a damn sight worse because he does not even anticipate anything happening through lack of confidence which is getting worse rather than better!

i pretty much agree with the ratings except one or two. think collis was better than a 5. black wasn't good enough for a 7. and i'm not going to judge harrold as he had next to no time to get involved. but he didn't do anything at all useful whilst he was on.

I am not being harsh on Collis, to be fair it was a good saveable height and he probably is a decent shot stopper but our weakness in the g/k dept was the lack of dominance around the 6 yard box and i honestly think this bloke is a damn sight worse because he does not even anticipate anything happening through lack of confidence which is getting worse rather than better!

Didnt notice us being unduly trouble in the air so not sure where his lack of dominance was. Their goal came because our defence switched off for a couple of seconds. We also didnt create enough because too many girly flicks, tricks and faffing about and no shots on goal. It comes to something when Peter Clarke is having a shot!!

Other than when were chasing the game towards the end did that have a couple more chances...how that Carlisle muppet missed from there I dont know.

A draw might have been fair as neither team had a lot of chances. But there you go. I dont see how we can blame Collis for the one goal.

Lack of shots on goal and too much faffing up front. Plus the wingers need a bit of a kick up the backside.

i thought gower was mainly to blame for the goal, he came hertling out from his position leaving his man, dived in when there was no need for him to be anywhere near the centre of the field. completely missed the ball and his man was in aches of space and that it where the goal came from.

Hammell 7 good corners and nice to see him back
Hunt 6 kept up his good recent form
Barrett 6 usual committed performance
Clarke 8 looking a class act
Macca 7 gets forward and stuck in, no place back for Kev
Bailey 8 all of the above and good with the ball, m.o.m
Gower 4 shadow of his former self, keeps giving the ball away
Black 7 better than recent performances
Hoops 7 excellent link up play and can't believe he got taken off
Clarke 7 works well with Hoops and work rate has improved
Macdonald 6 not on long but don't link up like Hooper
Harrold 5 why don't we farm him out, didn't connect with 1 header from five high ones of which he was favourite for all of them

Black 7 out of 10!!!! He was ****e, he is not a winger and I still cannot understand why Tilly tries and plays him on the wing. He would be much happier in the middle of the park I think JCR was better at crossing. Give Simon Francis a go in Black's position.

Some of the football we produced in the first half was a joy to behold. It was the sort of play that you never see in the lower-leagues and really wouldn't have been out of place in the Premiership. Trouble is that it was '3-0' football but we hadn't scored the three goals.

Some of the football we produced in the first half was a joy to behold. It was the sort of play that you never see in the lower-leagues and really wouldn't have been out of place in the Premiership. Trouble is that it was '3-0' football but we hadn't scored the three goals.

Entirely agree. Saw some fine passing in the first half. Can anyone recall who the fourth person was who got a yellow card. I can recall Hammell, Bailey and macca but for the life of me dont remember the 4th

Black 7 out of 10!!!! He was ****e, he is not a winger and I still cannot understand why Tilly tries and plays him on the wing. He would be much happier in the middle of the park I think JCR was better at crossing. Give Simon Francis a go in Black's position.

Your right, should have been 6

I know you dislike/don't rate Collis/favour Flavs, but isn't it a touch harsh to give him the same mark as Harrold?

On the topic of Harrold, if he came on to be the target man (and the long balls he failed to win would suggest so), then why did he play on the right of a front 3 instead of central?

Give Simon Francis a go in Black's position.

Was just about to suggest the same thing...with francis AND maher coming in for black and gower...

Would a midfield of:

Francis maher bailey macca

appeal to anyone? Might be worth a shot, altho with francis short of match practice - he'd probably tire quickly playing out on the wing...but worth a shot nonetheless i think

Was just about to suggest the same thing...with francis AND maher coming in for black and gower...

Would a midfield of:

Francis maher bailey macca

appeal to anyone? Might be worth a shot, altho with francis short of match practice - he'd probably tire quickly playing out on the wing...but worth a shot nonetheless i think

Hammell seems to have coped fine!

Am I the only one who remembers Francis playing right-wing last season?! He was pants.

Back