• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Collis 4 rooted to his line on all occasions, no confidence and can't believe goalkeeping coach Lee Turner hasn't concentrated in this area as he is definately worse than Flavs around the 6 yard box
Hunt 5 caught out a couple of times and now time for Francis to come in
Hammel 7 good delivery and a goal, looks well comfortable in this division
Barrett 6 had his usual committed game
Clarke 6 same as above
Macca 7 continues to break up play and now a permanent fixture
Maher 6 won't be playing when our two midfield dynamos are available
Gower 8 much more like it, looked a quality player again
Moose 6 looks like an Arsenal player on the ball however out of position and not strong enough
Morgan 8 like the look of him, Clarke and Morgan sounds good, nothing wrong with his commitment either
Harrold 2 what the hell is he doing playing in this league, Tilson you are wrong, anyone on the bench would add more, wins 1 header in every 20 and my old granny would bag more goals, enough is enough as he just aint got it. Why do we farm out the likes of Foran, Lawson, Ademeno and keep this stiff?

Sorry , i disagree with you about collis. Think he has been immense since he came in. He let two goals in yesterday , but he was woefully exposed by a dire defensive first half. His distribution and handling are immaculate and i am glad that finally flahavan has been given a test for the first team jersey

From my viewpoint, I thought Collis should have claimed the cross for the first goal. Maybe my perspective wasn't the best but it looked a routine catch from my seat.

The first goal was a shambles all round. Cheltenham caught us completely asleep and capitalised. The keeper shouldn't be allowing his back four to switch off like that but then Scotland did the same later that evening and they have one of the best keepers in Europe. The cross was deep but it went through the six yard box at a catchable height.

As for ratings:

Collis - 5
Hunt - 5
Hammell - 7
Clarke - 5
Barrett - 5
Moousa - 4
Gower - 7
Maher - 4
McCormack - 7
Morgan - 5
Harrold - 4

As for ratings:

Collis - 5
Hunt - 5
Hammell - 7
Clarke - 5
Barrett - 5
Moousa - 4
Gower - 7
Maher - 4
McCormack - 7
Morgan - 5
Harrold - 4

Can't be another person on here that agrees with your Morgan mark!

The first goal was ironically one of the few crosses that Flahavan would have gone for, as he likes claiming crosses which have gone past the far post.

Once a cross has cleared the far post, the angle starts to come back into the keeper's favour. The risk therefore starts to outweight the benefits if the keeper has to go backwards, beyond the far post to take it. If Collis could have claimed it centrally, then I agree that was poor keeping. I'd want to have a look at a replay or two, because my thoughts at the time were that it was a ball for the defender at the back stick to deal with. The other consideration is Collis' starting position. As it was a free-kick he had to cover his near post and so would be further to the near post than for a corner when he could have a man on the line.

The first goal was ironically one of the few crosses that Flahavan would have gone for, as he likes claiming crosses which have gone past the far post.

Once a cross has cleared the far post, the angle starts to come back into the keeper's favour. The risk therefore starts to outweight the benefits if the keeper has to go backwards, beyond the far post to take it. If Collis could have claimed it centrally, then I agree that was poor keeping. I'd want to have a look at a replay or two, because my thoughts at the time were that it was a ball for the defender at the back stick to deal with. The other consideration is Collis' starting position. As it was a free-kick he had to cover his near post and so would be further to the near post than for a corner when he could have a man on the line.

All that analysis and i just thought he bottled it and another two during the game, his height obviously doesn't give him confidence!

There all minus's ;)

Yeah, we were that rubbish ;)

Can't be another person on here that agrees with your Morgan mark!

I don't think that Morgan had a particularly good game. He made a couple of Mark Rawle-esque eye-catching runs that got people out of their seats but which offered no real end product. He looks more like a winger to me than a striker and it was clear to see why he's got such a poor goalscoring record (worse than Matt Harrold's?) as I don't think he once managed to get any space in the box even though he was up against some very poor defenders.

There's some mitigating circumstances with Morgan's performance though. He doesn't know the other players so there was unlikely to be any real understanding between him and the other players and he clearly didn't know about just how heavy we water the pitch as he must have slipped over half a dozen times. I'm certainly not writing him off and saw enough yesterday to think that he may do well once he's settled in.

Yeah, we were that rubbish ;)

I don't think that Morgan had a particularly good game. He made a couple of Mark Rawle-esque eye-catching runs that got people out of their seats but which offered no real end product. He looks more like a winger to me than a striker and it was clear to see why he's got such a poor goalscoring record (worse than Matt Harrold's?) as I don't think he once managed to get any space in the box even though he was up against some very poor defenders.

There's some mitigating circumstances with Morgan's performance though. He doesn't know the other players so there was unlikely to be any real understanding between him and the other players and he clearly didn't know about just how heavy we water the pitch as he must have slipped over half a dozen times. I'm certainly not writing him off and saw enough yesterday to think that he may do well once he's settled in.

To be fair, I think there would have been an end product had his eye catching turn and run in the first half had fallen at the feet of any of the other 9 players aside from Matt Harrold. His layoff/cutback to him was exquisite, and whilst it did result in a decent save from the keeper, it should have been a goal, and that would have been as a direct result of the work done by Morgan.

To be honest, I still have an open mind - No, he doesnt look like a natural goalscorer (which I think is the criteria we look for in a striker these days! :) ) but his pace will cause problems and he showed some nice touches.

Could he link up with Leon?... Yeah, I think he could, but that is not something we are going to be able to see until December 5th as that is when both will be eligible to play in the same team, which is a real shame.

Hunt 5 caught out a couple of times and now time for Francis to come in

I find that quite an insulting comment seeing as Lewis Hunt was presented with the October Player of the Month trophy before kick off by the Shrimpers Trust!!

He didn't have his best game yesterday, but most of that was down to Moussa having a bad game and leaving Hunt almost single handedly having to deal with 2 players all afternoon!

He has been Mr Consistent this season, and any other season for that matter, and IMO, our best option at Right Back by a million miles.

Wiggy and Raleigh boy in yet another "we hate Collis and want to have Darryl's babies" shocker.....yawn...

Why do we farm out the likes of Foran, Lawson, Ademeno and keep this stiff?

Think it's incredibly unfair on Matty to compare him with James Lawson...Lawson is someone who never gave a toss on the pitch and in my opinion is lucky to be playing football at all for anyone. :rolleyes:

Give Morgan a chance! He only turned up a few days ago - what on earth do you expect?

As I said, I'm not writing him off and think he's capable of a lot more. I don't think he played particularly well yesterday but there are obvious reasons for that.

People need to stop dealing in absolutes. Decent players have poor games occasionally. Pointing that out doesn't mean that the player in question is being slagged off.

For what its worth, I do think that Collis was at fault for the first goal (along with most of the rest of the team to be honest) for being so slow to react to a corner taken quickly. However apart from that I think he had a good game and his distribution from throws is simply awesome. So 4/10 is rather harsh methinks, would have given a 6.5 myself.

Morgan was very good and could be a real asset. No he's clearly not a natural goalscorer as his performance (and career stats) demonstrated, but he worked bloody hard, had a real spark of creativity about his play and made things happen. His pull-back for Harrold was sublime and should have resulted in a goal. On that performance I don't think he will score many goals, but he will get a lot of assists. Early days though.

we were getting caught out on the right to much, that big lad of theirs was beating moose and hunt a lot of the time.
maher done his usual going sideways or backwards passing, where as bailey tries going forward. he should be back in for luton.
morgan seemed nervous, lost the ball to much but he needs another game just like bailey did in his 1st match.
gower seems to be getting back to his best. was causing them all sorts of problems, worked well with hammell.
collis needs to command his area a bit better, made a few good stops but needs to come for more crosses. i thought he could of gathered the ball for their 1st goal.
harrold done a few good passes especially the nock down to hammell for his goal but he still doesnt look like he is gonna score.
macdonald needs to be given a chance, looked lively when he came on but as usual he cant do much in 5 mins.

Back