• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wiggy's rating's!

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Collis 5 think the defence have got even less confidence in him than i have!
Hunt 4 move over Mr. Lethergic, ridiculous having him in front of Francis any more, got completely lost a few times
Clarke 9 Absolute rock, wins everything in the air and gets stuck in
Barrett 7 much better than last week, still miles better than Richards
Hammell, 7 Another great free kick for the goal and miles better than his opposite number
Maher 6 done ok but no fireworks
Bailey 5 unusually quiet for him
Gower 6 done the odd decent thing but a bit quiet on the whole
Black 6 not bad but keep expecting him to burst into life as per his former life at Palace
Charlie Mac 5 oh dear, is he better than Ginger, Hoops, Morgan, i really don't know, hardly any goal attempts and spends more time on his ****
Leon 6 missed another hatful and was being slated all around me for his lazyness, but to be fair the rest of our strikers aint fit to lick his boots in terms of ability and class, get him a decent new partner before he gets hounded out like the rest!

too generous with leon, charlie mac deserved more than a 5, bailey was very quiet but also never a 5, gower was very good today with a good few long range shots, hunt didn't do bad either. giving him a 4 is pathetic, he's done so well this season and didn't play bad today

how did Collis do on the Gills goal ?

Now its Darryl time .
Too far away to tell to be honest but his general play behind the defence is totally uninspiring and lacking confidence, looks like he's the keeper on bar football the way he is backwards and forwards across the goal. Think it is fair to say that Flavs would have intervened a few of the recent goals conceded, couldn't have done worse!

too generous with leon, charlie mac deserved more than a 5, bailey was very quiet but also never a 5, gower was very good today with a good few long range shots, hunt didn't do bad either. giving him a 4 is pathetic, he's done so well this season and didn't play bad today

Leon got in the positions to at least attempt scoring a goal unlike Charlie Mac hence the 5 and 6. Hunt got destroyed by crap opposition and at best his season has been average, 4 was spot on, no coincidence that most goals are leaked down his side every week!

Didnt see you after the swansea game Wiggy. I heard that collis gave a mom performance. Am i right?!

one thing to add on collis, his kicking was very poor today again. and anyone know what happened when he went down for ages? i honestly did not see anyone touch him in the slightest, the gills fans thought so too as you could tell by their reaction. lol

Didnt see you after the swansea game Wiggy. I heard that collis gave a mom performance. Am i right?!

Not unless you consider being directly at fault for two out of three goals "a mom performance".

He played well today though. I don't see what wiggy is complaining about. The only question mark I'd have against him on today's performance may be the goal but I'd want to see that again.

We didnt exactly play to Charlie Macs ability tho did we.....I mean hoofing long balls up to him and expecting someone who is 5' nothing to win those is a little hopeful to say the least.

We werent clinical enough in the final third again. Peter Clarke was superb the whole game.

We need to bury teams where we have so many chances to score but we dont seem able to do that.

I'm not a huge Charlie Mac fan but he did alright today. Worked hard, got into at least two cracking goalscoring positions and linked up well with Leon Clarke. On another day we'd have scored four and his position wouldn't be under question. Got a thoroughly deserved standing ovation when he went off.

I'm not a huge Charlie Mac fan but he did alright today. Worked hard, got into at least two cracking goalscoring positions and linked up well with Leon Clarke. On another day we'd have scored four and his position wouldn't be under question. Got a thoroughly deserved standing ovation when he went off.

i didn't particularly think charlie and leon linked up that good. there was a few one twos that leon mucked up but i thought leon left him to do all the hard work all game tbh.

Clarke played the targetman role pretty well. It's not a pretty job and if you don't score (as most targetmen don't) then you often look like a bit of a donkey. Obviously his finishing today was poor (and that is being very kind....) but he's playing a role for the team, one that he doesn't like but one that he's doing ok at.

He's not supposed to be doing lots of running around. He's not supposed to be getting onto things in the box. He's supposed to be standing next to their biggest centre-half and winning headers against him.

I counted him winning two headers today and the missed header in the second half was simply embarrassing. He was alone in the 6 yard box with only the keeper to beat and he missed the ball completely.
I want as much as any of us for him to find his scoring form but at this level I think he may be slightly out of his depth when it comes to taking on larger, fitter, defenders.
Wasnt impressed with Gills much at all today. Very mediocre and unimaginative. The two Strikers however did look strong and I thought sometimes looked dangerous. Not sure either of them had a killer punch about them though (an eye for goal) but IMO they were the types of players that would play well along side Leon.

Never thought I would say this but most people sitting near me today, and I have to agree, were commenting on how bad Bailey was today. There was a 10 minute period in the second half where he did nothing but pass the ball to the opposition. He didnt seem to have his usual bite. Perhaps the fear of bookings and sending offs had taken something out of his game today.
I still have him as my player of the season so far though.

I counted him winning two headers today and the missed header in the second half was simply embarrassing. He was alone in the 6 yard box with only the keeper to beat and he missed the ball completely.
I want as much as any of us for him to find his scoring form but at this level I think he may be slightly out of his depth when it comes to taking on larger, fitter, defenders.
Wasnt impressed with Gills much at all today. Very mediocre and unimaginative. The two Strikers however did look strong and I thought sometimes looked dangerous. Not sure either of them had a killer punch about them though (an eye for goal) but IMO they were the types of players that would play well along side Leon.

Never thought I would say this but most people sitting near me today, and I have to agree, were commenting on how bad Bailey was today. There was a 10 minute period in the second half where he did nothing but pass the ball to the opposition. He didnt seem to have his usual bite. Perhaps the fear of bookings and sending offs had taken something out of his game today.
I still have him as my player of the season so far though.

Agreed.....he was never in the game today. Infact it was hard to pick him out on the pitch apart from, as you say, where he had 3 goes at passing to a player in red but each time he gave it to someone in blue.

Hopefully its only temp as he is miles better than that as we have seen all season.

Peter Clarke was class today , won every header and tackle , coveredHunt and Hammells **** lots of times as our Full backs seem to get caught not up with play or not goal side so many times , capped it off with a goal .

Can't comment on Collis as thought he had nothing to do apart from pick the ball out of the net ,

Bailey , Hunt Gower , Black and Leon Clarke must of still been thinking of Christmas day as they were not at the races today, even with 5 of our team asleep we still looked a better side than Gillingham

my ratings

Collis 5.5

Hunt 5

Clarke 9 MOM

Barrett 7

Hammell 6

Gower 5

Bailey 5

maher 6.5

Black 5.5

Leon 5

Charlie 6

Ref - gave us absolutely everything yesteday and waved away 3 penalty cries from the home side

Away support , very quiet but can understand as was freezing sitting in the makeshift scaffolding whatever you want to call it !!

Rayleigh boy said:
how did Collis do on the Gills goal ?

Now its Darryl time .
Not his fault at all. Maher was very slow to close down Miller, who bent it low into the area between the penalty spot and the 6 yard line, someone (Facey?) got in front of Clarke at the near post, so Collis had to cover that, Facey missed it and the ball crept in at the far post. Just one of those goals that looks bad, but is really just a total fluke.

Collis had very little to do, but did it well. Commanded his area well, dealt well with any high stuff into the box, took a nasty whack whilst claiming one cross.

Not his fault at all. Maher was very slow to close down Miller, who bent it low into the area between the penalty spot and the 6 yard line, someone (Facey?) got in front of Clarke at the near post, so Collis had to cover that, Facey missed it and the ball crept in at the far post. Just one of those goals that looks bad, but is really just a total fluke.

Collis had very little to do, but did it well. Commanded his area well, dealt well with any high stuff into the box, took a nasty whack whilst claiming one cross.

In front of Clarke L or P?

Haven't yet seen the goal.

Neither have I, and it was up the other end. So I was guessing a bit at Clarke (P), just it came in from his side, and he had been marking Facey all afternoon. I may of course be totally wrong and it was Gower !

With Bailey, I imagine his mental state wouldn't be great having contributed to the team's bad run with a sillt sending off at Swansea and he may also have been a bit rusty.

Back