• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wiggy's reserve team rating's today!

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Joyce 5 Not too much chance with the goals but kicking attrocious and a touch hesitant, surely Tilly will play him though.
Herd 5 long way away from the first team
Sankofa 5 What did Tilly see in this bloke, negative and not very good
Scannell 7 good goal and quite lively
O'Keefe 5 same as Herd and mistake for the 1st goal
Moose 5 well off the pace but good goal
Ademeno 5 not really involved, don't think he will be here long
Paulo Wanchope 6 tricked himself as much as the oppo, awkward but showed some good glimses and a good goal
Revell 8 mom It was only the reserves but he sort of stood out, 2 good goals, got up well and 2 good goals, will still be a bencher but great attitude and showed more than i thought he was capable of!

Agree all round really Wiggy. Defence was shaky at times and are applying zip pressure to first teamers. Got got got to get defenders in somehow otherwise it will be an average season at best. However, with good defenders in we could have a right old go.
I wanted to see more shots raining down on Joyce but it wasnt to be, so he is still unproven as everything was regulation. Saturday should tell.
Revells approach to the game was superb and my mom too.

Joyce 5 Not too much chance with the goals but kicking attrocious and a touch hesitant, surely Tilly will play him though.
Herd 5 long way away from the first team
Sankofa 5 What did Tilly see in this bloke, negative and not very good
Scannell 7 good goal and quite lively
O'Keefe 5 same as Herd and mistake for the 1st goal
Moose 5 well off the pace but good goal
Ademeno 5 not really involved, don't think he will be here long
Paulo Wanchope 6 tricked himself as much as the oppo, awkward but showed some good glimses and a good goal
Revell 8 mom It was only the reserves but he sort of stood out, 2 good goals, got up well and 2 good goals, will still be a bencher but great attitude and showed more than i thought he was capable of!

Sounds like a good result with only 9 men.

Given our current defensive issues, I take it "negative" is meant as a compliment for a defender as it means they concentrate on defending.

Sounds like a good result with only 9 men.

Given our current defensive issues, I take it "negative" is meant as a compliment for a defender as it means they concentrate on defending.

That was those that mattered, you have more chance of playing pro football than the other 2!

I'm sure a defence with an average age of 18-and-a-half will be delighted to see supporters slating them after a 6-2 reserve team win!

Sankofa, a centre-half, spent the first half-an-hour at right-back and Callum Whittaker was drafted into the side on the afternoon of the match to make his first second-string start at the age of 16. John Owinja, who replaced Ronnie Jones, is also a first-year scholar, and Johnny Herd is captaining the reserves in his first season as a professional.

If these were 25-30 year-olds not putting pressure on the first team, then I'd be worried, but when it's largely youth-team scholars - and I thought Whittaker showed a lot of promise today, being very vocal and standing up to the physical threat of Shaun Batt terrifically - then I'd prefer to look at the positives of their play and the fact that they are getting an early opportunity to enhance their game.

I'm sure a defence with an average age of 18-and-a-half will be delighted to see supporters slating them after a 6-2 reserve team win!

Sankofa, a centre-half, spent the first half-an-hour at right-back and Callum Whittaker was drafted into the side on the afternoon of the match to make his first second-string start at the age of 16. John Owinja, who replaced Ronnie Jones, is also a first-year scholar, and Johnny Herd is captaining the reserves in his first season as a professional.

If these were 25-30 year-olds not putting pressure on the first team, then I'd be worried, but when it's largely youth-team scholars - and I thought Whittaker showed a lot of promise today, being very vocal and standing up to the physical threat of Shaun Batt terrifically - then I'd prefer to look at the positives of their play and the fact that they are getting an early opportunity to enhance their game.

:clap::clap: :clap::clap:

Yes, you are quite right, they are young and they were quite promising. It was an instant reaction to the most clueless idiot on here who couldn't wait to pull the thread apart as usual, probably don't even go to 1st team games let alone reserves, apologies to the young defenders!

Was in such a hurry to reply to the most clueless idiot on here that the posting went astray. What does the most clueless idiot on here think of this years keepers, perhaps you could give us a ridiculous opinion?

well said i couldn't agree more

It was a joke. Dunno his name but the French bloke that plays like Wanchope, tall, gangly, awkward, tricks himself and the opposition. Good goal and some good and bad moments, hope this clears it up!

Francis Laurent, or 'Frenchy 2' as some like to refer to him as.

I think you have missed the observational point here, so I will say it again. None of the defenders that were on display today are up to playing in League one on that performance. Therefore there is no pressure on our current incumbants. We need to get defensive players in quick to have a shot at a decent season, not only to put pressure on our 1st team defenders, but also for cover when the inevitable injuries occur.
Yes they are young I quite agree but this is the realistic picture based on todays game and it is 6 games in and time to get real.

Was in such a hurry to reply to the most clueless idiot on here that the posting went astray. What does the most clueless idiot on here think of this years keepers, perhaps you could give us a ridiculous opinion?
Why do you feel the need to reply to your own posts?

Back