• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wii Fit

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
I hate video games with a passion. I just don't see the point in them. The worst one for me is the Wii Fit. I mean, if you want to go to the gym, or you want to play golf/tennis etc, the bloody well get out of the house and do it properly.

However, my wife wants one! And I think I am going to surprise her, and buy her one.

Can anyone let me know if this is a good deal?

Wii Fit

Is this the whole sh'bang, or are there any extras i'll need to buy to go with it? Some expert advice would be gratefully received.

I hate video games with a passion. I just don't see the point in them. The worst one for me is the Wii Fit. I mean, if you want to go to the gym, or you want to play golf/tennis etc, the bloody well get out of the house and do it properly.

However, my wife wants one! And I think I am going to surprise her, and buy her one.

Wii Fit

Is this the whole sh'bang, or are there any extras i'll need to buy to go with it? Some expert advice would be gratefully received.

Well you'll need a Wii! I presume you've got one of them? Its not a stand alone package alas, just a board you plug into the console.

They're hard to get hold of though. They sold out very fast and most shops still aren't stocking any new ones

Forget the wife mate unless she is obese.
Get yourself Mario Kart with an extra wheel and make sure you get two controllers!
Wii Fit is 'gimicky' but fun, some fun games and keeps a record of your weight, BMI etc and gives you goals to achieve (you set them yourself). Sort after product.

If the option is not go out the house and do no exercise, or use Wii fit, it is a good idea and if she is keen you should encourage her.

I always thought Yoga was a cissy girly thing but, blimey, I tried a few of them yoga things and realised how difficult they are for an ageing, beer filled body to cope with.

If the option is not go out the house and do no exercise, or use Wii fit, it is a good idea and if she is keen you should encourage her.

I always thought Yoga was a cissy girly thing but, blimey, I tried a few of them yoga things and realised how difficult they are for an ageing, beer filled body to cope with.

My wife is a physio, and used to do triathlons and marathons until she did her back in a few years ago. She still keeps herself fit using a cross trainer, fit ball and Bosu (superb piece of equipment) we have at home anyway. I'm therefore not sure of the reason for it, although her back also meant she had to give up playing tennis, and she reckons she can gain some enjoyment by "playing" tennis on that.

She was also saying that the Wii Fit is endorsed by physios, I think for core stability etc. which is why she wants one. She is also a qualified pilates trainer and does yoga. There is nothing cissy about that whatsoever.

Last edited:
Well you'll need a Wii! I presume you've got one of them? Its not a stand alone package alas, just a board you plug into the console.

They're hard to get hold of though. They sold out very fast and most shops still aren't stocking any new ones

Cheers seany. I actually didn't realise it wasn't a standalone item. How much is a Wii?

Wii Fit

Why not suprise her with a Dyson, a can of Shake n Vac and a pedometer so she can calculate how many calories she has burned?

Last edited:
Ah was about to mention price , yes a good wii package is about £200 , and wii fit seems to range from about £70 upwards (hmm 129 was a bout expenisve). But yes i do the yoga on wii fit and its fantastic , also indorsed by the (UK)Wheel of Yoga .

Why not suprise her with a Dyson, a can of Shake n Vac and a pedometer so she can calculate how many calories she has burned?

That is a very good idea. Maybe I should get a mop and bucket for the kitchen whilst i'm at it...and maybe some dusters etc. The added benefit is the money saving from not having to pay a cleaner.

Wise words indeed!

She is also a qualified pilates trainer and does yoga. There is nothing cissy about that whatsoever.

No way. Done it a few times before (out in India and to sort out my dodgy back). Harder than any game of football I've ever played...

I got my Wii from Zavvi. Very good deal. £179 for the console, a controller and Wii Sports or £220 with an extra 2 games (I'd recommend Wii Play purely to get the 'free' controller it comes with and also Mario Kart as its great fun and also hard to get too in lots of shops).

Back