• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Big Shrimp

Zone Photographer
I've already had this discussion with a ******** at work who said he will no longer line RM's pockets any more, but will still go to Wembley in April. Who gets the gate money??

More annoying is a certain person who is banned from this site, I believe, who slags off PS at every opportunity he gets. Will this person be trying to get a ticket for Wembley? If he does, can we all remind him that he is now a glory hunter, the type of fan, he hates?!! :angry:

Sturrock and the boys done us proud on this one and it's about time every Southend fan had something to be happy about as tbh it has been far to long since the Man Utd game and the last time when the whole town was buzzing like this about our team. Times like this don't happen much when supporting lower league sides like Southend and we must enjoy them when we can. But one thing that will never change is Martin needs to go imo.

PS: I must say tho I don't understand anyone's hatred towards Sturrock, Imo he has done a top job under the worst restraints as a manager. I also really hope the said person does go to Wembley on the 7th and supports the lads as I personally wouldn't want any true Southend fan to miss what could be a once in a lifetime opportunity. If I see him there (which is unlikely if we take 30,000 plus), there will be a beer waiting for him. UTB

personally i've never understood the hatred towards sturrock either. he rebuilt a whole team, (and i mean a whole team) and has got us to a wembley final AND put up a decent challenge for promotion 3 seasons running. all on a less than shoestring budget. he's motivated the players when they were getting paid late and still managed to get results. he has a great relationship with some decent clubs and lots of connections which is always a huge plus. it's not like he's steve wignall for christ sake!

I've no idea, I suspect that he won't but will watch it on tv. Never have, never will understand what drives him to have so much dislike for Sturrock. What I do know is that I won't be getting a ticket for him. :nope:

If that's our mutual friend then no. I spoke to him last year about it before we were bumped out by Swindon.

More annoying is a certain person who is banned from this site, I believe, who slags off PS at every opportunity he gets. Will this person be trying to get a ticket for Wembley? If he does, can we all remind him that he is now a glory hunter, the type of fan, he hates?!! :angry:

If that's our mutual friend then no. I spoke to him last year about it before we were bumped out by Swindon.

Slagging off PS is his prerogative but, while he's not on this site, he doesn't have a reply so we'll leave this one here. If you want to engage him on Twitter or other mediums, all well and good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back