• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will Andy Murray ever win a major?

Will Andy Murray ever win a major singles title?

• Total voters

samib

Danii Minogue
Just won his second succesive ATP masters title in Madrid a 6-4 7-6 triumph over unseeded Gilles Simon, I think he will win a major won day but i doubt it will be Wimbledon sadly.

He has improved so much over the last 6 months, its unbelievable really. I think he will win one but, as you mentioned, I can't see it being Wimbledon. The Australian/US open is his best chance.

He's improved vastly on grass if this years Wimbledon is anything to go by. However I think (as others) his best chance will be in Australia or the USA.

The problem is that he's only got to a level where he's good enough to win one rather than a level where he would expecte to win one. He's very good but you'd not claim him to be better than Federer or Nadal yet even if he is, possibly, better than Djokovic was going in to the 2008 Aussie Open.

To draw parallels, I suppose you could point to Spain pre-2008 where they've always had the capability to win a tournament but never actually done it.

I suppose when Nadal's knees fall apart then he'll only have Federer to turn over so that may prove to be his best time. He's probably one of the best tacticians in the men's game at the moment and definitely the best defensive player so in theory his game can be sustained for longer but then his court coverage relies on a lot of yards.

I think he will win two next year, he keeps getting better and better, he has beaten all the top players. Federer in particualr (bar the US open final) he has a good record against. As long as he stays fit he should become the greatest british tennis player of all time.

I think he will win a few, one of which will be next season, the rate that he is improving at is quite frightening

He can win a major, whether he will is another matter. I personally think as long as he keeps progressing the way he is, he will win a major.

Before recent months, Murray was having to rely on Federer and Nadal both getting knocked out before the final in order for him to win a tournament. To be honest, Murray never looks like losing against Djorkovic so Nadal and Federer were the main obstacles. It appears that coinciding with Federer's fall from the top, Murray is striding forward leaps and bounds and now appears to have the ability and belief to beat Federer. I am still hesitant whether he has the know-how to beat Nadal, but he is certainly not invincible as shown in this tournament.

I don't think he will win the Spanish Master next year because the surface is changing from hard to clay. Nadal will be clear favourite if injury free. However, Murray can beat anyone on his day, that is how good he is (which really separates him from Henman), so I am sure his time will come at some point in his career. It would be fantastic for him to win Wimbledon but let's face it, any Grand Slam success would be amazing.

Whether you like him or not, he is certainly someone flying the flag for GREAT BRITAIN.

Watch out for the Robson girl as well, definitely one for the future.

Last edited:
dont follow tennis much nowadays much preffered when the game was played with touch and gulie,today its powerplay.

anyway murray is nailed on to win wimbledon within the next 3 years.

Whether you like him or not, he is certainly someone flying the flag for GREAT BRITAIN.
Couldn't care if he was Scottish, Welsh or English. Think he is a total and utter :censored:

Hope he never wins a masters.

(Nothing against the Scots before jumped on as have done and always will support them in the football - unless playing England & maybe the Dutchies now!!!)

Did you have to call it? I'm sure Cricko would've fallen for it....

I just thought you were being stupid.

Einstein said:
Couldn't care if he was Scottish, Welsh or English. Think he is a total and utter

(Nothing against the Scots before jumped on as have done and always will support them in the football - unless playing England & maybe the Dutchies now!!!)

Oh yeah, I agree. I was trying to be objective and realistic about his chances. As a person I strongly dislike him, perhaps his mother more so.

Last edited:
I have been highly critical of the sassenach-hating thistle-arsed orang-utan in the past, and I am fairly sure that he's not a very nice person, but he made a believer out of me in New York - right now I think he's the third best player in the world behind Fed and Nadal, and he can win on any surface. I don't think he'll win Wimbledon but the US or Aussie open will be his in the next few years.

Couldn't care if he was Scottish, Welsh or English. Think he is a total and utter :censored:

Hope he never wins a masters.

:flamer: He just won a masters.

Back