• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will Atkinson

Atkinson IMO is of a rare breed in the football world: a player who probably has more talent than he realises. Along with his insane work rate, he scored a handful of terrific and vital goals; the problem of course being he didn't get into those positions anywhere near often enough. He needed to be a bit braver.

Like Michael 'Princess Diana' Timlin, I wouldn't take Atko back now but like Ricey said, he was certainly underrated.

About this time 2 years ago a female fan of Will, asked me to get a large photo signed by him. So I was caught out like everyone else when he signed for Mansfield. I thought about faking his signature (joke) but in the end Will sorted it all out with some messages and by post. At his expense and much to her delight.

I had a good chat with him once (two days after he was sent off at Millwall) He was looking a bit unhappy to say the least but seemed genuinely pleased that a fan understood what he was all about.

I get the fact that the likes of Will don't make peoples favourite lists but can never accept why some dislike players who always give you 100% effort. Yes we all expect it but very rarely get it. So I always appreciate the likes of Will.

In the season we had that great run before Christmas and finished 7th after a couple of injuries. The combination Demetriou and Atkinson went about 17 games where we conceded just 1 goal down our right hand side.

Always rated Atkinson. A kind of silent assassin. You didn't really notice what value he added to the team until he wasn't there

Only just noticed Will left Mansfield. I know we talk about resigning players a lot and they hardly ever work how we had hoped. But Will would be an exception surely.

I felt Will blossomed here through his friendship with Lenny, both of them in fact. They were terrific friends off the pitch and seemed to understand each other on the pitch perfectly.

I am sure he will find himself a new club soon. Another example of a player that shouldn't have left us. Good steady squad player

Dont want him back, but if we'd had him in midfield last season that winless run would have been shorter.

Back