• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will Atkinson

I liked Atkinson, but I think that boat has sailed.

He wasn't even that great. He worked hard, and we didn't replace him, but the revisionist history that has happened with Will Atkinson is just baffling. He is/was L2 at best and now he's over 30.
I'm not so sure, he was underappreciated when he was here definitely, but I haven't seen any post saying he was an amazing player. The posts I saw were quite realistic in his praise. I think league 2 at best is harsh as well, he had 2 league 1 seasons with us where he played over 30 games and I saw a significant contribution from him in that time. It has been mentioned in other posts that he is without a club after being with 2 league 2 clubs that didn't want to retain his services and he is in his 30s now so his stock has dropped significantly. I wouldn't be against us bringing him back as I believe he would be a cheap option.

He wasn't even that great. He worked hard, and we didn't replace him, but the revisionist history that has happened with Will Atkinson is just baffling. He is/was L2 at best and now he's over 30.

Sorry, but I really liked him. I like the balance he gave the team and his workrate. I liked the fact that he wasn't bothered about being a prima donna, and just got on with the jobs other players didn't do. How is that revisionist?

Last edited:
I think the reality is that we will need to "Cut our cloth" in line with our finances next season. We have some young talent, some will stay some will go onto bigger clubs, We heed some experience and players willing to graft and do what's asked of them, Will, on a modest one year contract would be a good addition for us next season. Same with John White.

Unused sub for bottom of the table Boston yesterday. Says it all really.

Back