• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
4th game proper for these 2 tonight and both are still searching for their first goal this season .

Mooney is not my kind of player whilst Cox IMO is a tad luxury player.

Hope I'm wrong and both score plenty this season.

And with the service they have been provided with the poor midfield performances in just 3 games this is a fair (yet so predictable) thread how?

You normally leave it half a dozen games before starting on the strikers.

How many of the 3 games have you been to?

Bit hard when the midfield are passing it sideways to each other and not giving it to the strikers

And with the service they have been provided with the poor midfield performances in just 3 games this is a fair (yet so predictable) thread how?

You normally leave it half a dozen games before starting on the strikers.

How many of the 3 games have you been to?

Just 2....Newcastle and Gills(league)

The Gills game neither player impressed me sadly,Both should have got the deckchairs out as their work rate was woeful.

Early days yet .

Even Jason Williams himself couldn't do anything with that kind of service.

Indeed, against Gillingham his lack of movement and mobility meant he would need to have been picked out with the kind of pass none of our midfield can produce.

Yep, it will be Mooney and Cox again tonight no doubt, but what is the alternative?

Certainly not the lumbering Williams,
Ranger maybe able to do a job, but when the hell will he be fit? He's not a prolific goalscorer anyway

...same old problems as last year, unless Ranger and Cox works, and they get service, then and only then can I see Cox scoring regularly, as he do look to be a quality player at this level - he would appear to be our only (potential) consistent goal scorer IMHO

But at least we've got a solid defence and keeper to fall back on ! :dim::thumbdown:

Last edited:
Having watched both a few times in training this season I would say that Mooney is going backwards and seems to be much more of a passenger.
As I said in another thread, Cox has the most accurate and powerful shot consistently that I have seen in over 10 years at Boots&Laces. So I know Cox will score goals. He just needs the service, and that's where the problem lies. He also has great touch and can pick a pass. He really is a quality player. We are making him look bad. You can see the frustration grow when he makes a great run into space and Atkinson and Lenny pass it back or sideways.
Ranger is almost there now. He's been having running and striking routines with two of the fitness guys. He will be a much better strike partner for Cox. Jay Simpson would have been even better, but there you go.

Well Cox has just created one and scored another.

Amazing what happens when they get the ball.

Liking the fact that the ball ws played into the box on so many occassions. Not worried about the fact that at least 2 goals were well offside, and the linesman not understanding the 2 defenders between the striker and the goaline if the keeper has advanced is marvellous. Perhaps we will get a few more breaks this year!!!

Cox will score as you can see he is class at this level and his vision is on a different planet to that of Mooney. I'll go for COX getting 19 with Mooney on 4. (Don't think Mooney will take the pens either this year).

4th game proper for these 2 tonight and both are still searching for their first goal this season .

Mooney is not my kind of player whilst Cox IMO is a tad luxury player.

Hope I'm wrong and both score plenty this season.

If you can't see the quality that Cox has then I'm baffled. The guy looks far too good for this level when he gets the ball to feet. I'm very surprised he agreed to come here.

If you can't see the quality that Cox has then I'm baffled. The guy looks far too good for this level when he gets the ball to feet. I'm very surprised he agreed to come here.

I think, after the first 3 games, so was he! :unsure:

Back