• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFCFANS

Coach
So Eastwood is now a free agent.. Having watched him over the last games of the season I've seen nothing to suggest league 1 teams will come knocking on his door - maybe a move to us will suit him, and give him that extra time to get back to full fitness - but will he want to come? can we afford him? Would maybe be the only saving grace to sell a few season tickets..

It's a tough one this. I disagree with your comment on league one clubs. There will be some who fancy a chance on him. At the end of the day, goal scorers are very difficult and expensive to find. On a free he is worth a gamble for anyone.

I hope that we make him an offer that is enough for him to want to come home. I really think a full pre-season will help us see the real Freddy again.

Was thinking this watching him last night too. Hardly set us on fire, though shown glimpses of what he can do.

I too would be surprised if a League 1 club picked him up, but considering he is out of work, I guess he will be more willing to take a lower contract which means a Lg1 club may take a punt on him - perhaps someone like Brentford/Orient.

Cant see him venturing too far from this area again after what happened at Cov/Wolves.

Would like him to stay here obviously. Perhaps a hard and motivated pre-season would see him shift a stone and get that sharpness back and then who knows. But either way, I dont think he's harmed his legacy coming back.

They say home is where the heart is! His heart is with his family, I would be more surprised if he didn't sign for us!! But hey you never know!

I think depending on whether PS stays or goes will decide a few of the squads decision to want to stay or go
i cant see Mohsni ,Grant ,Ferdinand,Hall and some others in the squad wanting to to be here if PS stays as i am not convinced
they like the style he has made them play so i think they will be off for that reason alone.
Eastwood has had a look at PS and may well feel the same and not want to be here under the" in Luggy we trust banner"
So i expect a lot of changes in the squad if PS stays ,yes he will release some (who have been waiting patiently for the season to finish so there agents can find them a new club officially) BUT not be able to keep the ones he really wants so TODAY is the start of many changes i feel one way or the other .

Surprised people think he didn't do too well yesterday, was my MOTM, had no service yet did extremely well considering he had to deal with long balls and no support. Not everything went his way but put him in some of the positions Crewe found themselves in and he would have bagged a couple of goals. He even hit the inside of the post with nothing on with his weaker foot. What more can you ask?

Regarding whether L1 clubs will come knocking, I'm sure they will. A Sheffield Wednesday seaso told me that they're interested in Freddy and they're CCC. Can see MK Dons or someone at that level coming on for him.

There is also the question of will we offer Eastwood a contract? Time will tell!!

Surprised people think he didn't do too well yesterday, was my MOTM, had no service yet did extremely well considering he had to deal with long balls and no support. Not everything went his way but put him in some of the positions Crewe found themselves in and he would have bagged a couple of goals. He even hit the inside of the post with nothing on with his weaker foot. What more can you ask?

Regarding whether L1 clubs will come knocking, I'm sure they will. A Sheffield Wednesday seaso told me that they're interested in Freddy and they're CCC. Can see MK Dons or someone at that level coming on for him.

Yesterday wasnt great first half, he was giving the ball away and didnt look his normal self, but he showed his class on numberous occassions in the second half and the way he carved out two shots was vintage Freddy.

Freddy staying will be the one thing that will give me any real sense of positivity for next season.

He is someway off of being an attractive proposition for most clubs but who knows what offers he may get.

Can't see him staying someone will pick him up surely ,I think finances can be spent better else where

He's still got too much class for us & L2. I'd be surprsied if a top L1 or even Chamionship side didn't come in for him - with a full pre-season & fitness he'd still be a real asset. Wouldn't mind if no-one did come in though & we could work out a deal!

come next season when we have dickinson back and other forwards going for two slots up front i dont think eastwood offers us anything better than we already have, think money would be spent better else where as freddie will take up a big lump of our budget.

I'd get rid of Dickinson and put the money saved towards making a decent offer for Eastwood.

Three things.

1) we can't afford him unless he takes over a 75% pay cut

2) L1 teams will want him

3) You can't really judge him playing for us, balls flying over his head all game isn't really his strength, we could have Messi playing for us and we'd say he's crap as he would rarely get given the ball to feet.

I would love him to stay buy if its another season of longball I can't see him wanting to do that whilst dropping wages.

Just my tuppence worth

i think if you look at it losing dickinson and not having corr all season has cost us a top three place, dickinson might not be the best player in the world but knows where the goal is, eastwood is nowhere near the player he was and was well poor last night, needs to get a very good pre-season under him and stay injury free and loose half a stone, crewe defenders never gave him a sniff last night and he looked very lazy.

I thought he showed some class in the second half, and you have to wonder what a fully fit Freddy could do to league 2 next season. I think we might keep him other clubs may be put off by the weight and fitness issues of the past.

Seconded. Nothing against Dickinson but not having him has helped us play better football.

but is that Dickinson's fault. We were most effective when Dickinson was on form. It was when he got injured our form drifted away and only come back when Eastwood come in.

Both league games against Crewe they couldnt handle Dicko he bullied their defence and we badly needed that last night.

Id love to see a fully fit Eastwood and Dickinson partnership next season.

Back