• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The_Showstoppa15

There's obviously been a lot of talk about if Fredy will sign or not. I think with players like him, you have to be weary. We've heard he's arrogant, and if it's the kind of arrogance I think it is (i.e. Mark Rawle), then I won't be getting my hopes up.

HOWEVER, the Echo today basically sums up all of the positive rumours that have been going around. Fredy has said that he wants to sign. He likes the club, he was delighted with how the team played on Saturday, he likes his team mates, and likes playing up-front with Grays. Now I'd say this sounds good, as he has come out publically an said he wants to sign. Tilly has also said that the loan deal is with a view permanent move, and Grays have basically offered Fredy to us for, and I quote, a "minimal fee". I know a lot of this has already been said, and read into it what you will, but methinks this is pretty promising.

From my point of view, there are things working in our favour. Fredy is from around here, and moving to Southend will most likely mean not moving. The two main clubs who are rumoured to be after him are Swindon and Charlton, with maybe Gillingham waiting in the wings. Now let's not forget that Fredy is only 19. I'm not particularly sure that, at the age of 19, he's going to want to be moving too far away from this area, if at all. I also feel that Mark Stimson will be playing a part in this. He's stated that he enjoyed his time at Southend, so maybe he has told Fredy good things about us. And then, obviously, we know that this loan deal is with a view to a permanent deal, and Fredy has said he wants to come here. I really think this is looking good for us. I can't see too much happening yet.....I should think Tilly will want to see him in Tuesday's and Saturday's games first, to make sure that he's no one-game wonder. But damn, he'll be a superd adition, and think we're in with more of a chance of aquiring him.

Thoughts?

Keep the faith
smile.gif

p.s. I apologise if a lot of that information has been said or read. There's a lot of stuff floating around, and I thought I'd gather it together and put it plus my own thoughts in one post.

I'd be surprised if Tilson doesn't act before Tuesday's game; I think he said as much in his post-match comments.

Will Uncle Ron release the purse-strings though?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The_Showstoppa15 @ Oct. 18 2004,17:37)]he likes his team mates, and likes playing up-front with Grays.  Thoughts?
I want him to play up front with Southend not Grays.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Oct. 18 2004,17:41)]Hope he doesn't sign.......... Thought he was crap!

tounge.gif
Lol. That attidude could help! People are bound to expect him to scoe in every game now, so with that attitude, you won't be disappointed if he has an off-game! Lol.

I think if Tilly was in a rush to sign Fredy, he'd have made a move by now. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be that surprised if he DID sign before tomorrow. But I have a feeling Tilly will wait a few days yet, maybe see how he does tomorrow.

I should thin Uncle Ron will have no problem opening up his cheque book. I think it's pretty obvious what he, Tilly and Brush were talking about whilst walking off the pitch on Saturday. And of course, Grays want a "minimal fee". I don't think they'll be asking for anymore than 70k, frankly.

KTF

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Blue @ Oct. 18 2004,17:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The_Showstoppa15 @ Oct. 18 2004,17:37)]he likes his team mates, and likes playing up-front with Grays.  Thoughts?
I want him to play up front with Southend not Grays.
biggrin.gif
Oops, my mistake! Long day at school, you know, and a pretty hard 80 minutes on the rugby field just now!

tounge.gif

I hope we'll get some positive news and the gurning pics before the end of the week... let's get it sorted!
wow.gif

UP THE SHRIMPERS!
blues.gif

PM me to join FEAS
wink.gif

Back