• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

davew

Coach
I don't think so, same as most managers on the TL ranting and raving makes any difference, just a bit of theatre

I don't think it will make too much of a difference. Coughlan is quite vocal without being prompted and I've got every faith that him and Penney can do the job in Brown's absence. Knowing Tango he'll probably sit in the directors box hooked up to a Bluetooth earpiece and relay orders to DP and GC!

I thought that if managers were sent to the stands, they weren't banned from the touchline for the next match.

you may be right.

[h=2]Team officials[edit][/h]Team officials such as managers and coaches are not subject to the cautionable and sending-off offences listed above, as these apply only to players, substitutes, and substituted players. However, according to Law 5 the referee "takes action against team officials who fail to conduct themselves in a responsible manner and may, at his discretion, expel them from the field of play and its immediate surroundings."[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP]:24[/SUP] No card would be displayed when taking such action.
The league sanction for a sent-off coach or manager is normally a ban from being in the dugout or in the changing room for a certain number of matches thereafter. The particular football association determines the length of the ban and/or other appropriate action(s).

The league sanction for a sent-off coach or manager is normally a ban from being in the dugout or in the changing room for a certain number of matches thereafter. The particular football association determines the length of the ban and/or other appropriate action(s).

Would make no difference to Phil. We can now look forward to his team talk being carried out on the pitch :whistling:

Back