• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
We have spent so much time in threads, concerning ourselves with the futures of Mohsni and Hall. I don't want to seem cold-hearted or indifferent but as far as I am concerned, if they are not going to play for us anymore, I don't give a toss about them. My club is Southend United and that is more important than any individual player. For me the important question is, will getting these two players off our books allow us to bring in two or three, desperately needed players, on loan?

We have spent so much time in threads, concerning ourselves with the futures of Mohsni and Hall. I don't want to seem cold-hearted or indifferent but as far as I am concerned, if they are not going to play for us anymore, I don't give a toss about them. My club is Southend United and that is more important than any individual player. For me the important question is, will getting these two players off our books allow us to bring in two or three, desperately needed players, on loan?

Yes. Subject to there being no embargos. Next question.

PS amended title to at least have some indication of what it was about.

OK.......not my most dynamic thread but I thought the need to change emphasis from Hall & Mohsni's futures to that of our club. I'm getting so paranoid about our financial situation that I didn't know the answer would be that simple or that sure. I suppose it also raises the question that if Hall's transfer had been completed by lunchtime on Friday, would we have actually signed anyone of the players Luggy was interested in?

I am totally with you on this. The sooner they are of the books the better, for I assume this will free up some cash; hopefully bring in a little as well.

Even if both go tommorow, i doubt we will get anybody in, martin seems to be struggling with wages with the players he has now.

i think it may help having these two home games coming up, not so much tonights game but saturdays game against daggers would be great to see 6,500 plus and boost the money side of things.

As Jam has already said. Umbongo's and finances permitting....

The fact we made no signings in the last knockings of the window, despite needing a few, should tell you all you need to know about the current state of affairs. Let's hope they are improved upon by Friday, so Luggy can do his job properly. With the proper tools.

If not, then what is the bloke supposed to do?

Reading the Echo article today it looks 99% sure that Hall has gone. the fact that he he has negociated personal terms with them leaves little doubt that he is off. With Mohsni it is far less clear as to what is going to happen. In the worst case scenario i.e. stuck with Bilel.........what can we hope for? What is the absolute minimum required in personnel for PS to do his job effectively and who is the most urgent to bring in? It would appear that Scott Donnelly has been waiting in the wings for a while..........who would he be a replacement for?

As Jam has already said. Umbongo's and finances permitting....

The fact we made no signings in the last knockings of the window, despite needing a few, should tell you all you need to know about the current state of affairs. Let's hope they are improved upon by Friday, so Luggy can do his job properly. With the proper tools.

If not, then what is the bloke supposed to do?

Get us relegated like Tilson?

Reading the Echo article today it looks 99% sure that Hall has gone. the fact that he he has negociated personal terms with them leaves little doubt that he is off. With Mohsni it is far less clear as to what is going to happen. In the worst case scenario i.e. stuck with Bilel.........what can we hope for? What is the absolute minimum required in personnel for PS to do his job effectively and who is the most urgent to bring in? It would appear that Scott Donnelly has been waiting in the wings for a while..........who would he be a replacement for?

Grant/Sawyer

i think it may help having these two home games coming up, not so much tonights game but saturdays game against daggers would be great to see 6,500 plus and boost the money side of things.

I'm sure it will momentarily ease the strain on finances by having three successive home games. In Tilson's last season things went downhill financially and on the pitch from about Xmas onwards when many home games had been played. So three games in a row at home at this early point of the season may not bring about much relief on the finances as we'd hope.

Back